Hot teas?

Options
I am on day five of nothing but water and hot teas (nothing added but water and a tea bag) mostly green jasman, and herbal. I used to drink a lot of diet soda so I am super proud of my accomplishment. The aspertain (spelling??) was causing me almost all of the same problems I wanted to avoid, so I am really happy to have switched- however I was wondering for logging purposes (starting as of tomorrow) does tea count as water? or should I be drinking 8 cups of water on top of how ever much tea I drink??

Replies

• FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tea tends to dehydrate and does not count as water. I'm a huge tea drinker too..ive been sitting at work wanting a snack..and you just reminded me I have tea in my bag. Thanks! :)
  • cahalith
    Options
    I love tea, sometimes when I want to snack and I know I am not hungry and I am just board I have been fixing tea, which has been proving a really good time killer and distraction that has curved my snacking issue.

as for the dehydration, if I am drinking tea, maybe then I should compensate by drinking even more water?
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tea totally works as a distraction from snacking and an appetite curber for me too. I stopped drinking as much tea over the past year and tend to forget I have it in my cabinets at home and locker at work and instead have been suffering through cravings! Totally agree on the jasmine green btw.. good call! Lol. I love just loose leave jasmine needles, too.

I'm not really sure on drinking extra water to compensate. I usually stick to at least 8 glasses. Info on that would be great!