Encouragement Needed!!

Options
I'm Brand Spankin New to MFP, and i want to lose about 80lbs... I just gave birth to my daughter in October and you'd probably expect I gained a lot of weight, but nope I did not; i lost about 50lbs while i was pregnant, coupled with a diet i did before i got pregnant i lost a total of 76lbs.

Now after my pregnancy I'm finding it extremely hard to stay focused and i decided I wanted to join something where others are attempting to do the same thing i am =)

I'm going to try my very best to log EVERYTHING i eat, even if i have a bad day, & i want others who are determined to do the same thing. We could encourage each other to keep going, get moving and get healthy.

Hope I find others who feel the same way i do!

Replies

• JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for encouragement and help. As the days pass by logging becomes easier... :smile:
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hey you might also want to look in the group sections, there are some groups I saw coming by where mothers who just gave birth change experiences and stuff!
    Just to give you an idea!!!

But I also wanted to say: Wow, you did amazing loosing weight during the pregnancy ( I presume you actually talked about this to your doctor)! If you not feel like loosing weight at the moment, maybe a maintain setting would help for a while, so you can get back step by step :smile:
  • KJFairywings
    KJFairywings Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Just remain honest and log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth! That is the best way to see where your problem areas are. There are plenty of good people on here who will encourage you on your journey! Good luck.
  • cindyjoesousa
    cindyjoesousa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have lost 81 pounds in a little over one year by using mfp to count calories and exercise..my only exercise has been walking/treadmilling..I started at 281 pounds..Im down to 200..my goal is 160 this year..then maintenance..
    This works!
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Hi,
    I started this month so im kinda new here also :-)
    I had 9 really good days and 3 bad ones and outed myself in forums and my home page so I cnt hide from it haha
    Ive 80+ lbs to lose so im here for a while if you want support. Im back on track today and feeling positive.
    I wish you luck on this journey.. Reading and writing on these forums is key to learning alot about weight loss, our selves, what works and what don't so well done for bringing your self to the forum and introducing your self :-)
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm also using this site for information as well as motivation. I've had a little break from losing - just maintaining for a while - but am now back to it!! You've done really well to lose during pregnancy - and now you've a little one to keep you occupied that must be motivating in itself!!

Best of luck on your journey - remember, never give up, never surrender :smile:
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    congrats on the little one! that is one of my motivators to getting my weight off. im hoping with the weight loss i can conceive. and the best part about this site is, you should log everything! i dont feel ashamed when i have a bad day. all of us are on here for the same reasons and understand. we are friends yet we dont have anything to show off or prove to one another. and we all support one another on the good days and even when we have our bad. i love that everyone is from different backgrounds and different fitness levels. some have the money for the equipment and gym memberships. others are just everyday people who have families to cook for and can only afford the exercise using two feet to go walking. feel free to add me if you dont mind a chit chatty person:) good luck on your journey!
  • smith76sumi
    Options
    Don't worry. Our body always need time to adjust. If you are really suffering from lack of motivation then you should watch this video. This is awesome. I personally a great fan of Edward Checo. Just check that out. You would also be a great fan of him i guess.

Inspiration, inspirational video http://youtu.be/GrFIB0l9rkE
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Actually I was more concerned than my doctor was, which i found weird... they reassured me that she was getting everything she needed. and she really was she was almost 8lbs when she was born!
    & thank you I will check out those groups!
    But still i'd like others who aren't moms to stay motivated
  • flhereicome
    Options
    You have come to the right place. This site will be your friend. When I started using MFP I needed to lower weight by 25 pound. I exceeded my goal. I used this site whenever I wanted to snack...Before putting anything into your mouth come here. Lookup what you will be eating. It will take your mind off of bending that elbow. It will discourage you from wasting your food intake.
    I just love it. Then when you can start adding exercise point and it will make you smile. Just use this site....:love::love:
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    welcome !!! Add me if you want support. MFP is completely addictive, calorie free and inspirational. Track every calorie, and move more, You can do this x
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I Love a chit chatty person =)
    and thank you, when you do lose weight not if, you will conceive! because i was actually on a diet when i got pregnant
    and i honestly believe it was because of the weight loss why i did get pregnant