Replies

• jujuky
    jujuky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you , I hope you heal quickly!!!!
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a new day. I'm only at 27 lbs lost. I would kill to have lost 50. That's wonderful. Im day 8 of my plateau so my hubby measured me 11 days early because I needed some motivation. I lost 4 inches off my waist and 1.5 off my hips. I have a lot more then 20 more pounds to lose but I will never have a 2 for the first number on my scale ever again. I hope the funk breaks soon for you because I know your worth it!!! Best of luck
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    :cry: :cry: I really don't know why I do this to myself. I have lost 50 pounds and worked really hard. Then I hurt my knee and had to quit working out for 6 weeks. Now, I cant seem to get myself back up. I have lost any desire to work out...guess I am in a "funk". I have gained 7 pounds and pretty devastated! How do I bounce back? Anyone else get in this situation? I was 13 pounds to my goal, now I am 20

I hurt my knee back in May of last year and I was starting to regain body fat from being so sedentary in the aftermath--pretty discouraging as I had previously lost about 30 pounds. I knew that I wasn't going to be up to doing all the walking and gardening that had helped me previously. A friend told me about a water exercise class that is specifically for those with arthritis and other joint disorders. I started going and now I absolutely love it! I have lost another 20 pounds since May. The more important number though is the almost 8 inches I have taken off my waist in two years.
  • parrotnl
    parrotnl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I was in a car accident a few years back, and my knees occasionally get swollen and very sore. I find that when this happens, to avoid a backslide in my progress, I cut way back on my calorie intake. This doesn't mean to deprive your body of nutrients. Eat nutrient-dense foods and take dietary supplements like calcium + vit D to fill in the gaps. It sounds ludicrous, but I can fulfill all of my daily nutrient requirements and eat less than 500 calories a day. It takes a lot of label reading and meal planning, but it is possible. Don't lose faith! You are beautiful and doing spectacular!! :)
  • angelamynewtemple
    Options
    We have all fallen at some time or other, but you already know what to do. Find the type of fitness activity that you enjoy. That makes it easier to get started again, because you feel like you are missing something. Find people that are trying to accomplish some of the same things you are and connect in a fitness class for the accountability you get from each other. You can do this. You have already made a major accomplishment in losing the 50 pounds you are almost there. Let's Go!!! You can do this!!!:wink:
  • jujuky
    jujuky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you are still limited by your knees then take a look at tai chi. The gentle moment will help with range of motion, flexibility and strength. I find that it helps me with my chronic hip and neck pain and gives me a great feeling of relaxation and energy when I finish my 20 minute routine, No weights, no impact, no rapid motion - almost like meditation it definitely helps me with motivation.

This sounds like a great option...I will check it out too. I have problems with my knees.