Let's do 21's!

Options
If want to help your arms into new growth or peak them out, then 21s are for you. The technique works well with biceps, but you can use it on , shoulders, chest, triceps, even back Make sure your biceps are warmed up , you don't want to do these cold, a few set of curls at a moderate weight will do the trick here.I'll use the standing barbell curl as an example, you can also use dumbells Take a barbell loaded with about 50% of the weight you would normally use on a heavy set of 6-8 reps, If you're new to this start with 10lbs, my suggestion you don't have to take it :laugh: Start curling the weight slowly, but stop when you're halfway through the motion and lower the weight. Repeat these partial reps, bringing the bar only halfway up, for a count of seven, remember to go slowly, do not rush the weight, make sure your shoulders are back and you keep your head up. Now, on the7th rep, bring the bar all the way up. Squeeze hard at the top, and begin lowering the weight.(lower it on a 2 count, this will ensure you're creating stress on the bicep) only this time, stop lowering the weight when you're halfway down and pull it to the top again. Squeeze those biceps hard at the top of each rep.When you've completed 7 reps of these partials, immediately do 7 full reps with the best form you can.Which means full extension down, slowly, then back up to the top again. You'll have done 21 reps, 7 partial reps (half way up); 7 reps (halfway down) and 7 full reps. I would repeat this 3x's.This is an intense training technique, don't do this every time you train your arms. You can easily overtrain and then you won't see the results intended.

Replies

• B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Gonna have to try it!
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Love 21's...

I usually incorporate these once a week into my arm or upper body workouts. I've often thought of trying this technique with pushups.

THANKS SMARTY PANTS!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Love 21's...

I usually incorporate these once a week into my arm or upper body workouts. I've often thought of trying this technique with pushups.

THANKS SMARTY PANTS!!

It's fancy smarty pants to you...:laugh: and I just did these today for my bi's and tri's ..I bring em in every 2 weeks or so and some serious vascular action was happening! I actually do something similar to the pushup idea, only I hit 7 pushups from all three positions, chest, shoulder and tricep, with my feet on a bench and my hands gripping onto the bosu ball...it's challenging, I do all three 7x's each back to back., 4 sets.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Good idea for the pushups.

I don't do them for curls cause I am too lazy to switch weights on db's all the time. Tried em last time with regular 10 rep weight. Impossible :P
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Yey :happy: It's been a long time since I've done these! Going to have to give it a try again on my next weight session.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Totally going to try these today. Thanks for the idea!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I'm gonna have to send this to my hubby too!!