fitbit adjustment help please

Options
Hi,
I have a fitbit ultra and have it synced to mfp account.
Today I recorded a workout session on fit bit and it equated to 358 cals.. So that is obviously on top of natural burn throughout the day as logged by fitbit tracker. So what i don't understand is why my fitbit calorie adjustment for the day is not exactly the same as what it says on my tracker..?
I know you have to sync the tracker so I did right after the session and for a 358 burn workout on top of natural burn the adjustment was only 135..how dies that make sense? How is it calculated??

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    What kind of workout was it? Where did the 358 come from?

And your adjustment that was populated to MFP is 135?

Fitbit will make adjustments throughout the day. If the rest of your day is about equal to your TDEE on a normal day, then your adjustment theoretically will be 358 by the end of the day. That is if your fitbit calcuated the 358 calories during your workout.
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I did a dance workout and 30day shred. Recorded it on fb tracker and came out as 358.. Also had my heart rate monitor which came out at 530. Now get that hrm is more accurate and fb prob only counted the steps rather than all my movement..but opted to go with the lower count.
    Just re synced and adjustment as now gone down to 100... I just don't get it :-(
    Thanks
  • NikkiTompson
    Options
    I also didn't log the excercise on mfp as I didn't want it to double count...which I have heard other people have said could happen
  • GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I take my fitbit off during my 30DS workout. Then I log it as circuit training on MFP. I feel like if I'm wearing my fitbit during the workout then it's double counting to also log it as circuit. Not sure if that is right, but it is how I do it. Also I read somewhere that when you are syncing Fitbit and MFP, you should add food and exercise to MFP not Fitbit. When I do this the calories burning shows up correctly on MFP and is also added to my Fitbit calories burned when I sync.

=)
  • NikkiTompson
    Options
    I take my fitbit off during my 30DS workout. Then I log it as circuit training on MFP. I feel like if I'm wearing my fitbit during the workout then it's double counting to also log it as circuit. Not sure if that is right, but it is how I do it. Also I read somewhere that when you are syncing Fitbit and MFP, you should add food and exercise to MFP not Fitbit. When I do this the calories burning shows up correctly on MFP and is also added to my Fitbit calories burned when I sync.

=)
    q

Thanks for advice...yeah I always log food on mfp ..and it syncs correctly to fb dashboard.. I might do the same as you then and remove fb when doing specific workout or exercise and then log that in mfp and sync...and then wear fb for every other min of the day..so it won't double count then for sure?