Bad day

Options
What do you guys do to stop you from devouring everything in the cupboard? i'm having one of those days. Sometimes my mind only thinks of food.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I usually have a piece of fruit to stave off the hunger pains, then go for a long walk. The walking seems to take the body away from feeling hungry.
  • araes2102
    araes2102 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Probably the same suggestions that have been given for decades... just get up and move, maybe go out and do something so you are not stuck in the house with all the food... just keep yourself busy!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything in the house that isn't on my food plan. I never let myself get hungry. I often pre-log my food and then just eat off the list. Yes, and then do other things besides think about food.
  • Lilihel
    Lilihel Posts: 53
    Options
    I don't have any junk food in the house, and I eat according to my plan except today nothing seem to satisfy my hunger.
  • v_woolf
    v_woolf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1) get out of the house and away from the food!
    2) drink a big glass of water or a cup of tea
    3) gum! sometimes all you want is the chewing motion, and if you already have something in your mouth, you're less likely to put something else in it!
    4) when you do eat, eat things with more fiber/ protein so that you get hungry less quickly
    5) similarly, for a short term fix, eating soup is a very good way to feel full without a lot of calories!
    5) indulge! it's not good to always deny yourself things, and thinking about food all the time and denying yourself all the time will lead only to very bad binging! Plan out your small indulgences, relish them, and make sure they fit within your meal plan. Also -- do not feel guilty about them! That's just not healthy!
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Find something to take your mind off food. Go for a walk, visit a friend or family ... anything away from the food cupboard!!

Remember the food devil likes idle hands ... or something like that :happy:
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Get out of the house, away from food.
    Swimming pool or other safe places.
    Tea with a strong taste/aroma.
    Work - keep your hands busy, wear working gloves.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Go work out. It helps, makes me too tired to want to eat lol
  • Lilihel
    Lilihel Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks for tips guys... im new here so feel free to add me for support :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Exercise definitely helps. It doesn't have to be much. Even just going on a 10 minute walk or running around the block can help.