Options
2»

Replies

• ReillyCraig
    Options
    250 ml 2% milk
    2-4 tbs of flaxseeds
    1 whole medium or large Banana
    1 Scoop of Whey protein (try and stay away from soy and egg) of your flavour choice
    Handful of frozen or fresh fruits (fresh if you can, but frozen are a bargain buster) no measurements, use however many you like :)

Optional:
    50-100g of low fat or Greek yogurt
    Splash of orange or berry juice (to loosen up the smoothie)

This smoothie is great on the flavour scale, and great for protein, fibre and fructose sugars to keep you going!
    TheApeFromSpace -
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    my new *breakfast to go*
    Kahlua Protein Shake

1 scoop vanilla protein powder ( I use Jillian Michael's)
    1 cup (8 oz) Silk Original Almond Milk, UNsweetened
    1 tsp. imitation vanilla
    1 T. Da Vinci Kahlua flavored syrup (found with coffee flavorings)

Mix and go.

I prefer to mix it up the night before and put it in a drink box. It thickens
    and seems to stay with me longer than drinking it right away.

Cal 130
    Carbs 8
    Fat 5
    Sodium 200
    Protein 16
    Sugar 3
    Fiber 4

* If I've got a 'hankerin' for a milkshake, I often make a smoothie w/ the almond milk, protein powder and add 1/4 c. frozen yogurt- sometimes a handful of choc chips......
    satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • ReillyCraig
    Options
    I'm on a green smoothie kick right now. I came across this website with lots of yummy recipes all with nutrition information.

http://www.greenthickies.com/recipes/green-thickie-recipes/

Do you know why Kael is so hard to find in grocery stores? I might have to resort to growing some this spring. Bummer, because that plant is too healthy to be true
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a really large smoothie for breakfast most mornings. Mine imcludes:

1.5 cups of Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    0.5 cups of fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
    1 banana
    1 scoop Body Fortress Whey Protein - chocolate
    1 tablespoon Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Powder
    4 tablespoons of PB2 - regular or coco
    3-4 cups of ice

Cal 470
    Carbs 63
    Fat 9
    Protein 49
    Sugar 30
    Sodium 570

This makes a massive smoothie and could easily be cut in half or even thirds for most people. The chocolate flavor cures my coco cravings and leaving it thick (I generally eat it with a spoon) cures my ice cream cravings.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Prior to my 3 mile speed walks I'd make this smoothie:

1 Cup Original Lite Silk Soymilk
    1 Banana
    1 Scoop GNC Lean Shake mix
    1 T. peanut butter
    1 T. Raw Natural Wheat Germ

Blend all in the blender. Makes 1 serving.

Or I used crystal lite in place of soymilk. Either way... YUM

I'm weening off GNC Lean Shake mix & experimenting with Low Fat Plain Yogurt. It's all about Experimenting! Have Fun :happy:
  • Crystal_LeeDee
    Options
    My favorite is
    banana
    strawberries
    spinach
    almond milk
    plain yogurt
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This started out as a smoothie, but now I freeze it for sorbet. Either way is good, but I find the sorbet is more filling, plus you can have it as a desert =) Directions for both versions are included.

1/2 cup frozen strawberries (like 4 medium strawberries)
    1/4 cup frozen raspberries
    1/4 cup frozen blackberries
    1 cup milk (I use 1%)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (tried the smoothie version with chocolate and again with strawberry and it tasted good, but I like the vanilla the best. Only tried the sorbet with vanilla)

Blend and enjoy for the smoothie, or for the sorbet, freeze then mix and mash it all up to enjoy a creamy, sorbet heaven lol. (Freeze for only 2 hours if you want to eat it relatively soon, if frozen longer, let it soften before mixing and mashing.)

As sorbet, I usually can only eat half of this at a time because it's so filling. As a smoothie I can drink the whole thing in a sitting. To think a half serving of this is only 163 calories and 20g protein makes it taste even better haha

Full serving (using 1% milk and Six Star Pro Nutrition Vanilla Whey Protein Powder):
    326 calories, 4g fat, 35 carbs, 39g protein, 5g fiber
    Full serving without protein powder:
    166 calories, 3g fat, 27 carbs, 9g protein, 5g fiber

I also do a citrus smoothie/sorbet:
    1 cup frozen mixed strawberries, mango, pineapple, and peach slices (I get a big bag of those mixed together at the store)
    1 cup of milk or 1 can of mango nectar (there's also apricot, strawberry banana and others, but I've only tried the mango thus far)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Same blending/freezing directions.
    I tried it with OJ as a smoothie and it was way too acidic and sweet with the OJ (and I LOVE OJ)

Calories, carbs, and sugar go up/protein goes down if you use the nectar. Nectar is ~150 calories per can (depending on what flavor you choose) as opposed to 100 calories per cup of 1% milk, but you also have 11.5oz in the can and only 8oz in the cup of milk. So you could use less nectar if you wanted.

You can also add flax seed to this or any other add-ins for extra benefits (keep in mind, more calories).

Sorry for such a long post.
  • divid
    divid Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate whey
    1 cup of chocolate milk
    2 tbsp peppermint hot chocolate mix
    lots of ice

now the macros would depend on the protein powder you use and the type of milk. i used 1% chocolate milk but obviously it would be better for you if you used almond milk or water. I haven't experimented with those yet. The peppermint hot chocolate mix is by presidents choice. I put over 2 cups of ice in mine so it was super thick and frosty like a milkshake
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate whey
    1 cup of chocolate milk
    2 tbsp peppermint hot chocolate mix
    lots of ice

now the macros would depend on the protein powder you use and the type of milk. i used 1% chocolate milk but obviously it would be better for you if you used almond milk or water. I haven't experimented with those yet. The peppermint hot chocolate mix is by presidents choice. I put over 2 cups of ice in mine so it was super thick and frosty like a milkshake

Ooooo this sounds amazing!!!
  • GoddessHayate
    Options
    I'm thinking of trying a new one. It contains green apple, cucumber, lime juice, kiwi, baby kale and mint leaves. I'll report back on the taste later. :bigsmile: