When do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily....it helps me stay honest. I don't stress if I've gained a pound or so because it's usually gone in a couple of days. I know that I fluctuate up and down every day so I don't get upset or obsessive.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Every 10 weeks. Measure every month and take pictures at the first of every month. Never been happier!:wink:
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday but now I don't weigh myself at all, I measure.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    daily except on weekends
  • disdatdude
    Options
    I was thinking to do it once a week, but then I started thinking that maybe I won't do it until I'm in decent shape. I can drop a lot of weight quickly when I start a cardio routine. So I will knock off that "lazy" weight that I have on, then start getting on myself when I hit that plateau. Other than that, I would be yoyo-ing and it would look crazy. I can drop 5-7lbs daily and gain that much back the next day when I start drinking water.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Friday morning - the posting weight.

Monday morning - the what weekend damage has been done weight

Wednesday morning - progress check weight

I only log Fridays weight on here, for better or for worse :wink:
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Every day first thing in the morning. This way I don't stress over normal fluctuations. My weight fluctuates 4 pounds as a general rule. I chart my weight and other stats and keep track of the trend rather than the individual number on the scale each day. I love data and the more the better!
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Monday mornings - before I hop in the shower
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    First thing every morning when i get up after going to the washroom, I know my weight will fluctuate but it keeps me motivated to stay on track!! And i have been doing it for years so kinda a habit.
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh myself once a week. In being honest, I have to admit I step on the scale a few times a week. I want to catch a weight gain before its out of control. If I see a gain, I make sure the next few days I watch my salt and water intake. I am too scared to only step on the scale once a week, I am afraid I will gain weight back and stop paying attention to what I eat. I never set out to gain so much weight, so I need to make sure I stay aware of what is going on.
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • holsteinhoney
    Options
    You can weigh yourself everyday. However, you have to add them up and divide by 7. Use the ending number as your true weight for the week. Chart the final number.
    I learned this trick from my nutritionist.
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday morning at my boyfriend's house as i do not have any scales here. Its the first thing i do when i get up.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on the first of the month. I can tell when I need to buckle down, and the scale only frustrates me.

What she said... I weigh in 1st Tuesday of the month... no need for the frustration. My cloths tell me when I need to buckle down.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily it keeps me on track and I don't let the ups and down to fluster me I just adjust and keep going.
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I weigh myself once a week on a Friday am. I limit myself not to hopping on the scale more than once a week as I think it is unhealthy for the mind.
  • tlskim
    tlskim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in once a week. Now, once a month. Some weeks it appears we aren't losing pounds, but we have lost inches instead. It's just a number on the scales. As long as the bmi goes down, we are happy :)
  • slimguy66
    Options
    My official weigh in is Saturday mornings before breakfast but I weigh myself at east every other day with the understanding that my weight can fluctuate 1-3 lbs day to day. I graph my weight and as long as the trend is downward and I am near my daily calorie specification then all is good.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    also if you like to weigh daily a scale with a fat/water and muscle analyzer helps. I only have a simple scale but i would like one with a fat analyzer just to make sure im losing more fat then muscle.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Saturday morning.
    Fluctuations can be due to fluids hormones etc.
    Wait for the result at the end of the week. Id rather see 3 pounds than a couple of ounces any time!