Why am I not losing weight? :(

Options
I've got my calories set to 1200, my goal -2lbs/week, I walk even if just for a short distance daily, Roller skate once a week and keep my calories in check! I'm hardly seeing any movement! My last weight loss was a month ago now :(

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all of your food? Are you using a HRM for calories burned? Be very honest with yourself, go through your diary and make sure.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What's HRM?
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    you're not eating enough.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Rollerskating! <3 love. are you on a derby team? if not, you should be.

and yeah, eat more! xo just a little at a time until you start to lose.
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It could mean heart rate monitor... Perhaps you should incorporate some strength training into your exercise plan. Building muscle helps to burn calories regularly.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Yeah...how tall are you? My guess is you are not eating enough and that is stalling you. I eat 1800 calories a day and I am losing. I would go to:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/682138-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?page=20

And read up on this. This is working great for me!
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    takes usually a month to see some results..

scale is nothing

try fitting on some old clothes :)
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat..I have a fitbit,do 30 day shred everyday..walk on the treadmill an hour a day..keep my calories in check.Last week,I gained 2 lbs! I'm starting to measure..I can feel my body toning up but weight not going anywhere..
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the acronym, it stands for heart rate monitor. You don't absolutely need one but it is an excellent way to see if you're logging calories burned correctly. All of these tools help but when you run into a wall its really helpful to stand by and look at your calories in and calories out and see if they make sense.

Also, I highly recommend this thread and the discussion board on which its posted: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Looking at your profile, you also don't have that much weight to lose so you may want to just go for 1 pound per week.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You are only looking to lose less than 20 lbs, you need to eat more and increase the intensity of your workouts. Walking and rollerskating won't lose those last few.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with the eat more...I was on 1200 and hit brick wall all the time with weight loss. I upped it and am feeling better and starting to loose again.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    An HRM is a heart rate monitor. One of the biggest problems is under/over estimating calorie intake and under/over estimating calories burnt. A HRM will help you more accurately get the calories burnt where as food scales and measuring devices will help with the calorie intake.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What's HRM?

Heart Rate Monitor - probably the most accurate gauge of how many calories are burned during exercise .. not so good for those lifting weights .. but it's good for cardio sessions - i.e. walking, jogging, cycling, aerobic style exercises, zumba, etc.. ;-)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, when you're that close to goal it is harder to lose and it's not recommended to try 2 lbs a week by that point.
  • PHr34k0wt
    Options
    Rollerskating! <3 love. are you on a derby team? if not, you should be.

and yeah, eat more! xo just a little at a time until you start to lose.

I'm fresh meat right now! It's killer!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    1200 calories. That would be why. You need to eat more. Sounds crazy but it's true.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, when you're that close to goal it is harder to lose and it's not recommended to try 2 lbs a week by that point.

This is very true, a more realistic goal would be -.5 a week.
  • PHr34k0wt
    Options
    Sorry for the acronym, it stands for heart rate monitor. You don't absolutely need one but it is an excellent way to see if you're logging calories burned correctly. All of these tools help but when you run into a wall its really helpful to stand by and look at your calories in and calories out and see if they make sense.

Also, I highly recommend this thread and the discussion board on which its posted: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Looking at your profile, you also don't have that much weight to lose so you may want to just go for 1 pound per week.
    Thank you! I actually have a Garmin running watch for exactly this reason, I just havent used it yet! I'll give that a shot and see if I'm burning as much as I think I am.

And eating more? Like go by the BMR instead of MFP?
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    99% likely that you are not eating enough.

The best way to get the answers to your questions is to read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 and re-read it and then re-read it. Get it engrained into your system so you know what to do.
  • PHr34k0wt
    Options
    I'm in the same boat..I have a fitbit,do 30 day shred everyday..walk on the treadmill an hour a day..keep my calories in check.Last week,I gained 2 lbs! I'm starting to measure..I can feel my body toning up but weight not going anywhere..

I have 30ds, I seriously need to start that... how much are you trying to lose?