treadmill question

Options
Hey, I'm stealing my moms treadmill today and I think its kind of old school... like no programs on it... just wondering what would be a good way to start working out on this? Walking? Jogging? Running? Mix it up? And for how long? Thanks!

Replies

• MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Google hiit, in short its high intensity interval training 30 seconds of all you have got followed by 90 seconds of mod slow pace, better than any other workouts n burns more than twice the cals in about a 20 min workout, research it on this forum as well , u will b happy u did :)
  • mandarilla86
    mandarilla86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will check into it right now. :)
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    couch to 5K program- google it- it WORKS!
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    couch to 5K program- google it- it WORKS!
    this is a great program! and you don't need any fancy treadmill settings!!
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    IMO, the best thing to do on a treadmill is HIIT training. Like the other poster said, you'll find plenty of great info by googling it & its simple to understand.
  • mandarilla86
    Options
    Thank you all! Which option would be best for a beginner?
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Which option would be best for a beginner?

depends on your overall level of fitness currently. If totally knew to working out, I would start out with just walking until you find that not challenging/too easy. Then I would do couch to 5K. great program!
  • mandarilla86
    Options
    depends on your overall level of fitness currently. If totally knew to working out, I would start out with just walking until you find that not challenging/too easy. Then I would do couch to 5K. great program!
    [/quote]

Perfect! Thanks!