Food paranoia

Options
aalpass
aalpass Posts: 124 Member
Yesterday was a BAD food day. Diabolical to say the least. Hangover food day = not good for the health. Last night I went to bed, waking up every 10 minutes paranoid and anxious. It was like everytime I started drifting off to sleep my body was waking itself back up (either that or my snoring woke myself back up). I actually slept with the light on for the first time in years because of paranoia! I actually considered whether my drink was spike the night before!! Would it be unreasonable to put this down to the complete and total sugar overload I put my body through yesterday?

Replies

• BatWoman2012
    Options
    I had a shocking day yesterday with food, waaaaay over my calorie goal. Last night I had heaps of nightmares, constantly waking up etc. The last 2 weeks I have been eating really healthy and under goal so I definetly think it will just be the food. Im back on track today and drinking a lot of water as my sodium was really high yesterday. Hopefully tonight I have a better nights sleep :)
  • aalpass
    Options
    Come to think of it I had A LOT of nightmares too.

Its amazing how the body responds when you abuse it.

I'm back on track today too. And already feeling so much better for it!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm new.... but are you for real?
  • BatWoman2012
    Options
    Be interesting to see if we both do have a better nights sleep. If I do that will help keep me motivated cause lastnight was hell and being at work all day about to fall asleep is just as bad lol
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I find now I am about your age, if I stay up drinking past 11pm I will wake up with the dry horrors, paranioa and a crushing case of anxiety at about 3/4am. Sometimes there is also sleep paralysis. My sister also gets this.

It SUCKS. :(
  • Samantha44145
    Samantha44145 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's good to know that I'm not the only one who gets paranoid and obsessive about making poor food choices.

I am still about 7000 calories under my goal this week. On no day did I go over my net calorie allowance but I'm still stressing about some of the choices I made this weekend.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    haha.. i ate IHOP at 1am Saturday night.. slept crappy.. not hungover this morning, but didn't feel good and my body let me know it.

You can definitely feel the negative affects of bad food.. is it responsible for all you are dealing with? Idk.. All i know is when I eat bad.. i feel bad, whether there was alcohol involved or not.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    It's good to know that I'm not the only one who gets paranoid and obsessive about making poor food choices.

I am still about 7000 calories under my goal this week. On no day did I go over my net calorie allowance but I'm still stressing about some of the choices I made this weekend.

wait! what are you saying?

are you saying you have a calorie goal to lose weight and you've been under that goal by 1000 every day this week?

that's not a good way to proceed.

VLCD's (very low calorie diets) will ultimately lead you to failure and a whole bag of ED related problems.

please tell me you meant 700 and not 7000.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's about 900 million times more likely it's from the alcohol than the food.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I haz confusion...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I get paranoid about food choices I make when I realize that maybe that milk really was bad.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I ate a bunch of sugar the other night and didn't have paranoia but kept jerking awake before I would get totally asleep. I get horrible paranoia from caffeine so I stay far away! Heart palpitations and stomach problems and then anxiety that leads to panic attacks.
  • aalpass
    Options

I only had 4 drinks, which is not a huge amount for me. And it was the following night that it happened.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I only had 4 drinks, which is not a huge amount for me. And it was the following night that it happened.

Maybe you got roofied. Anxiety/paranoia is more consistent with some kind of detox/withdrawl than having eaten junk food.

ETA: The fact that you got a bad hangover from 4 drinks when that's not that much for you should be a clue something is up.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I get paranoid about food choices I make when I realize that maybe that milk really was bad.

got_cookies_poster-p228175284790461834tdcp_400.jpg
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Did you eat a lot of mushrooms, lick stickers or eat anything that you were told was candy?
  • aalpass
    Options
    Did you eat a lot of mushrooms, lick stickers or eat anything that you were told was candy?

Lol Can't say I did!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I know what your saying. It would be interesting if any studies were done on ingesting to much of certain foods and how you sleep. I mean caffeine obviously will make people wired if they have to much, so maybe sugars etc can do weird things too.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm new.... but are you for real?

I'm so with you.
  • Samantha44145
    Samantha44145 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

wait! what are you saying?

are you saying you have a calorie goal to lose weight and you've been under that goal by 1000 every day this week?

that's not a good way to proceed.

VLCD's (very low calorie diets) will ultimately lead you to failure and a whole bag of ED related problems.

please tell me you meant 700 and not 7000.

:smile: Don't worry I don't eat like this full time. I said "net" calories. I'm doing 2 things right now. Training really, really hard, and trying to cut the last of my flub off. It's been a 100+ pound journey. I'm maintaining a crazy calorie deficit right now as a short term part of the larger plan.

Most days I either workout, run or am in martial arts classes 3-4 hours at a time. Some months I'm on 2-a-day workouts. It is impossible for me to eat 3000 calories to make a calorie goal.

I wouldn't suggest that anyone adopt my diet or training schedule...but it is something that I've controlled successfully for the last 3 years.