"No Exuses" wii motivate thread

Replies

• Dusted off the Wii this afternoon but had to charge the batteries. Tomorrow I'll start back into Wii Fitness or Sports - it's been forever since I've done either but am looking forward to it.

Today I burned 632 calories doing 10 minutes of running and 30 minutes of calisthenics.
  • coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    24 min Gold's Gym dance workout - my 1st time using it. Didn't really like the pauses between all the routines. 217 Cal burned. Somehow also managed to get daughter to do DDR for 20 min too :)
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    I like the biggest loser and yes it is only 3 days but they have workouts that you can do on off days I also play the wii everyday I do advanced and free step, super hula hoop and basic run long and free run
  • good to see you here chazmikoyan :)

I had a lovely horse ride last nite, 4hrs! sure I burnt a few cals

Today was spent walking around a friends new property up and down the hills

Will be back to the wii tomorrow morning
  • Sundays are my "off" days but I still managed to play a bit on the Wii. My wife sure was enjoying watching me fuss at myself while playing. lol

Burned 206 calories doing 30 minutes of "Wii tennis".
  • 280 cals this morning on wii fit plus, bit of yoga, muscle workouts and jogging. Will also ride the horse tonight
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    1 hour on My Fitness Coach. 30 minutes flexibility and 30 minutes cardio
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    We made it home in time to do BL, but between a day in the sun and the workout, it looks like we will be in bed by 10.
  • concordancia
    40 min Zumba, 30 min Wii Fit Plus.
  • Long day at work so I couldn't squeeze in any Wii time today. 14 minutes running and 30 minutes of calisthenics for a burn of 699 calories.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Did lots of walking yesterday, plus my 30 minutes wii fit plus so feel quite well exercised for Monday, just hope the scales move this week
  • concordancia
    About 30 minutes of BL this morning, dance classes tonight.

Everybody is really on the ball lately!
  • Can I join in? I love using my Wii for activity!

I didn't Wii it yesterday but I did do an hour of Wii sports resort (bowling, cycling, and swordfighting) this morning after work. I'm hoping to wake up early enough this afternoon to fit in at least a short class of Zumba Core.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    I plan on getting back into it today. I have been really off track lately and it is not a good thing. I will try to post later.
  • concordancia
    Can I join in? I love using my Wii for activity!

Of course!
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Checking into buying a used Wii. What do you all think? Do you use it to work out? Zumba? Dance? Let me know what you use yours for.
  • concordancia
    Great idea! I use the Wii Fit and Zumba quite a bit. I even use the Sports and Resorts when I need to have a rest day for my legs! I also purchased a pretty cheap calorie burn kit with a resistance tube, weighted gloves and a riser to make the Fit board into an actual step for step aerobics. A few others have mentioned EA active, as well. Mine should arrive in a few days.

The Wii has been great for getting me back into motion and for those lazy, cold, rainy days. And sometimes we play Wii instead of watching TV at night. We had a wonderful weekend of sun and I was worried that it might get lonely from two whole days of neglect ;)
  • Checking into buying a used Wii. What do you all think? Do you use it to work out? Zumba? Dance? Let me know what you use yours for.

Welcome :) The wii is great. Especially on days you really dont feel like exercising, you can put the wii on and play the sports type games. U have fun and it gets you moving. I love the zumba, Ea active is a great muscle workout if you dont go to the gym.

Well I have had another not so good day with diet. Went to cinema and the popcorn and choc top got the better of me!!

Havent got round to exercise yet as spent all morning cleaning house then went to movies and visited mum. Going to watch master chef and then get moving with the wii, my aim will be 300 cals.
  • concordancia
    Going to watch master chef and then get moving with the wii, my aim will be 300 cals.

Do you have the Wii Fit Plus? You can choose the basic step and your remote will keep time while you switch channels. The fast pace is still a bit slow, but with my riser, I get the blood circulating. I haven't actually done it while watching a show yet, but worth a try if you don't have time to workout and watch TV.

Oops, forgot to add: I completed the advanced obstacle course on Wii Fit! That and the boxing really get my heart pumping. I sweat with the marching band, but I don't really feel like I am pushing myself that hard. Next time I will try adding in the weighted gloves.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    I use my wii for Wii fit plus, I haven't got any of the other fitness ones, I keep looking at EA trainer which I might get once I get bored with the wii fit games.
    I only got my balance board at Christmas but am loving it, I do 6 days then rest a day (Wednesday is my rest day)

I am looking to buy the riser for the steps, are the cup ones any good ? they look a bit flimsy to me but they are a lot cheaper than the solid riser although that does look a lot more sturdy.