Strange Eating Quirks, Anyone?

Options

Replies

• redragtop05
    redragtop05 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've thought of a couple more:

The yolks of fried eggs must be broken and spread around the white, and cooked until the whites are entirely hard. I gag if I taste or SEE runny eggs.

No meat on a bone.

I'm the opposite of this! I can't eat a fried egg if the yolk is broken...:smile:
  • Verizzle
    Verizzle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't eat salami cause I am convinced it smells/tastes like feet.
    If I have a sauce on my plate (mayo or mustard) it is a very tiny amount and it has to be in the very corner of my plate so as not to touch anything else
    I hate having my salad on the same plate as my meal so I always have a separate bowl for salad.
  • redragtop05
    Options
    I can't eat salami cause I am convinced it smells/tastes like feet.
    If I have a sauce on my plate (mayo or mustard) it is a very tiny amount and it has to be in the very corner of my plate so as not to touch anything else
    I hate having my salad on the same plate as my meal so I always have a separate bowl for salad.

Same here about the salad...
  • redragtop05
    Options
    My Dad refuses to eat off of a paper plate because he thinks it changes the flavor of the food..:tongue:
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I can't eat anything if I perceive it to be in an even numbered group. For example, if I'm eating Skittles, I'll separate them by color and eat them in such a way that I will have odd numbered piles; if there are 4 reds, 1 yellow, and 3 greens, I'll eat one red and then eat the rest of them in an order that I decide seems symmetrical, and in reverse order of preference. For example, 2 reds, 2 greens, then 1 yellow, 1 green, and 1 red, to save the best for last. :)
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have a Texture and Smell fedish. I can't stand certain smells for some reason. Foods that come out like half cooked rice.... kinda crunchy or really mushy like overcooked pasta are just plain nasty. We think I'm allergic to some food colorings becaust I can't drink dark pop or eat some foods without upseting my stomach. Unfortunately, my son inherited it too.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    for breakfast i have a two egg white omelet on a mini bagel. i always make sure i place the egg on the bottom part of the bagel. no idea why i can't place it on the top part, then turn the bagel over, but that just seems like too much work.

my favorite piece of the steak is the very first piece cut at the end. if i don't get that piece, the meal is ruined.

with pork chops and mashed potatoes i have to eat the last bite of pork chop with the last bite of mashed potatoes. i have to ration it perfectly. if not, i take more of each to try again.

Question for you: if you cut the steak in half, can you eat it from the part where you cut it, or must you still eat it from the edge inward?

edge inward. in fact, since i am usually the one cutting the steak, i will cut and eat both edges, then cut the remainder of the steak in to strips or whatever.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i dont and wont eat salad dressing ..i dont find it weird but everyone else seems to . most people seem to be finding my habit of no salad dressing shocking and are amazed ..i feel lucky ive been able to really enjoy a healthy salad with no dressing ..i cant even bring myself to eat it any other way anymore .,it drives me nuts if im at a banquet and the salads are premade and i get mine with dressing on it . its almost embarrassing to ask the server to get me a dry salad

this is totally me. i don't understand why someone goes thru the hassle of making a salad, or eating one, to then goop it up with salad dressing that has a ton of calories in it. at a restaurant, the servers can't believe i want no dressing with it. sometimes if i don't feel like the hassle, i'll just ask for dressing on the side and never use it.
  • redragtop05
    Options
    i dont and wont eat salad dressing ..i dont find it weird but everyone else seems to . most people seem to be finding my habit of no salad dressing shocking and are amazed ..i feel lucky ive been able to really enjoy a healthy salad with no dressing ..i cant even bring myself to eat it any other way anymore .,it drives me nuts if im at a banquet and the salads are premade and i get mine with dressing on it . its almost embarrassing to ask the server to get me a dry salad

this is totally me. i don't understand why someone goes thru the hassle of making a salad, or eating one, to then goop it up with salad dressing that has a ton of calories in it. at a restaurant, the servers can't believe i want no dressing with it. sometimes if i don't feel like the hassle, i'll just ask for dressing on the side and never use it.

I used to work with someone who was the same way and I never understood how he could eat a salad with no dressing.....and now I find out he's not alone!! ..... To each their own!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use a utensil for just about everything, lol. Hamburgers, pizza (although I don't eat like that anymore, haha) hafta have a fork. Popcorn- eat it with a spoon! People look at me like I'm crazy, buuut, I just don't like touching my food :smile:
  • guardian_of_freedom
    Options
    I have some similar quirks to some that have been already posted. It's great to know I'm not alone! I line up any small colored candy (m&ms, skittles, smarties) in straight lines by color and eat from the ones that have the most until they're all even, then eat them symmetrically saving my favorite color for last. I eat the crust off sandwiches and pizza first except for a small area to hold onto so I don't get my fingers messy. I don't like any of my food touching the rest of my food, and I greatly dislike most cooked vegetables (prefer raw!). I used to have a thing about having a napkin on each side of my plate, but I forced myself to get over it. I'm going in the Army National Guard in a few months, however, so I guess I'll have to get over most of my eating quirks and eat whatever I'm fed!
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My biggest quirk is that I cannot be around people who make mouth noises when they eat. It makes me cringe.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'll eat from my plate in order from the thing I like the least to the thing I like the most.

And I always leave the biggest mouthful for last. It's very unladylike!!!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I eat spaghetti & meatballs (mini) with chopsticks.
    Will eat candy by the color, least fav to fav color although not all of the time.
    Love pickled beets on a burger although it is not a must have.
    Mix my Captain Morgan with Cream soda.
    Eat roast potatoes last since they are my most favorite.
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My biggest quirk is that I cannot be around people who make mouth noises when they eat. It makes me cringe.

THIS! I've had to make up a polite reason to leave the room sometimes if a certain friend is around. Took some research but I have found the least noisy food for them and make that when they come over. Luckily they really like it so think it's done as a treat for them (which it is, but the sound thing is a BIG bonus)
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh, something else that isn't really a quirk but that I've learned to eat on my own as it seems to gross people out... I got this food combo from my dad when he was younger and all he could afford was rice when he went out.... White rice and ketsup mixed together.
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Same here, only I don't cringe, I want to scream it just gets on my last nerve. What happen to good manners?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I peel all the chocolate coating off swiss rolls and reese's cups before eating them.

I have to open up an oreo and eat the filling first. I can't eat it any other way.

And like many, I separate colored candies into colors and eat each color sequentially, one at a time, one red, then one blue, then one yellow, then one red, etc.
  • cliffodom1
    cliffodom1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat anything that tastes good. I won't eat anything that does not taste good. If they find out that all the good tasting food will kill me...then I have to die of something it may as well be food.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I always set my curly chips aside and save them for last, and I get irritated if someone steals one of my curly chips!