Smoothie Ideas anyone?

Options
bjenegiles
bjenegiles Posts: 75 Member
Hi all

I have decided to finish out the rest of this week's breaksfast menus w/ Smoothies!! YAY I LOOOOVE smoothies!!

I am getting alittle tired of the normal Right size shake/smoothie mix and GNC Lean Shake mix combos.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am allergic to Oranges and WOULD LOVE something w/ Peanut Butter. I normally use Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter. I normally try to stay close to 200 calories for breakfast. ANY IDEAS?

Replies

• MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I can't have dairy, so the smoothie I made for breakfast today was 8 oz unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup of frozen black cherries, about a cup of fresh blackberries, and one scoop of rice protein powder. It is really tasty and keeps me full for a long time. This was about 250 calories and about 6 g of fat.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i use vanilla light soy milk .. 1 banana 1 tbsp of peanut butter vanilla light yogurt and ice ..... or i use fresh or frozen strawberries with light banana strawberry yogurt and banana with the vanilla soy milk
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Betty Crocker Wake Up Shake - info in database

1 banana
    1 cup low fat yogurt
    1/2 cup frozen berries
    1/4 cup orange juice

Super yummy and filling.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    My husband does peanut butter and banana (with yogurt), but those are too heavy for me so I usually do 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, a couple of strawberries, flax seed oil, stevia (or agave), protein powder and water. I have one of these every morning!!
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Options
    Jamie Oliver made an awesome peanut butter smoothie on his first show "The Naked Chef" years ago. I used to make them all of the time when I when a bartender and didn't have much time to eat. It was basically 1 banana, 2 TB peanut butter, 1 TB honey, about a cup of milk, and some ice to make it nice and cold and frothy. I would play around with the portions to suit your nutritional needs and tastes.
    These days I make smoothies using 1 banana, about 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt, and 1/2 cup Silk Light vanilla flavored soy milk. I just started using the soy milk and it is super yummy!!!
    Good-luck!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My family LOVES cantaloupe, carrot, cabbage, and orange. Throw it all in and blend, add ice cubes to make it smoothie like. I have a vita mix so I throw everything in and blend. There are no chunks, so maybe with a regular blender it wouldn't work so well. But I have never tried it, so you never know! :happy:
  • 3greatgifts
    3greatgifts Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always use non-fat plain yogurt, skim milk, banana....and then I add fruit to it. Usually a frozen blend I buy at Sam's Club. Mix it up and it's thick and yummy.