I did it! Where's My Sticker? ;)

Options
I did it! I actually did it!

I participated in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon today and I finished! It was my first attempt at a race this distance and Disney races have a pacing requirement of 16/min mile or else you can get thrown off the course. So I was very nervous when I realized around mile 7 that my 14 min/mile pace had turned into a 17 min/mile pace due to fatigue and muscle cramps. But I kept telling myself that even if they sweep me off the course, I was NOT going to go down without a fight!

I was able to mentally push myself forward mile after mile...

Mile 8...
Mile 9...
Mile 10...

Before I knew it, I only had 1 mile to go and then POW! I was crossing that finish line. My time was 3:44 mins and I am damn proud of that. Many times I could have just stopped and let them shuttle me to the "tent of shame" (aka, did not finish tent), but the UMPH inside of me would not let me stop.

I am so unbelievably stoked right now. I cannot wait to get a 13.1 sticker :tongue:

TinkerbellHalfMarathon_zpsf633aa97.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!