3 Day Diet..?

Options

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    No.

It's a crash diet. Not healthy or productive for long term loss and health.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    nope
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Up to ten pounds of what? Water so you end up dehydrated?
  • jessinicole789
    Options
    if you read the article it says to drink plenty of water.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea. Do not do this.

Use MFP, track your food intake and hit your calorie goals and you will succeed. And you don't have restrict your food to some arbitrary list.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    negative
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Well that sounds sustainable.
  • NachoEverydayChick
    NachoEverydayChick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. Fat can't be lost that fast.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Negatory
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Track your calories, use MFP..don't customize your calories to 1200 if MFP doesn't do that for you...just use what MFP gives you. Eat them all as often as you can.

Exercise. Add weight lifting to that, and by weight lifting, lift heavy. This will make it so you not only get skinny, but you look really good skinny.

Wait. This is the hardest part. But..wait for the results. They WILL happen. It may take several months before a real change is noticed, but it's going to happen.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    *facepalms*

I bet that 10lbs was more water weight. And what happens when she's off of this diet? She'll probably gain it back.."IF" it wasn't just all water weight.

Unless this or any other fad diet, pill, etc is something you plan on doing for the rest of your life...don't do it. In fact, you don't need all those other things. JUST YOU. There is no miracle fat loss program that is going to get you amazing results in a month or two. This isn't a race so realize that if you want to get healthier and keep the weight off..you have to be in it for the long haul.
  • enigmatickitty
    Options
    *facepalms* It's what soldiers use if they're roughly ten pounds over the military regulations for a quick fix during evaluations if they don't think they can pass the tape test. You'll gain the weight back as soon as you start eating normally again, much like those soldiers do.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Seriously?!:huh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Track your calories, use MFP..don't customize your calories to 1200 if MFP doesn't do that for you...just use what MFP gives you. Eat them all as often as you can.

Exercise. Add weight lifting to that, and by weight lifting, lift heavy. This will make it so you not only get skinny, but you look really good skinny.

Wait. This is the hardest part. But..wait for the results. They WILL happen. It may take several months before a real change is noticed, but it's going to happen.

WHAT WIZARDRY IS THIS?

Stop this crazy talk. It's sounds good, but it could only work if there was an app that could track all these things for free for you.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Tip for the future. Any time you see one of these "Lose X lbs in Y days" things, just chuckle to yourself and walk away.
  • tbrady1991
    tbrady1991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I cannot click on the link but I am assuming that the diet plan you are referring to is the 3 Day Military Diet....
    If you were planning on doing it for any type of long-term results it will not work.
    However, with that being said, if you are doing it for something specific in the short-term it might help.
    I personally have done it a few times, although tweaked slightly, and every time I have lost anywhere from 6-11 pounds. However I went in knowing that it was short-term and to look a little slimmer and nicer in a dress for a wedding or other special occasion. Also I had to work out hard those three days.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It's another silly fad diet.

The only way to legitimately lose 10 pounds in 3 days (other than water weight, which will come back as quickly as you lose it) is to create approximately a 35,000 calorie deficit over 3 days. Seeing as how most peoples' TDEE is somewhere roughly between 2000-3000 calories, your caloric deficit would have to total somewhere between roughly -26,000 to -29,000 calories above and beyond your TDEE (or around -8,700 to -9,700 calories over TDEE per day). Not humanly possible to create that large of a deficit.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm on the lifetime eat sensibly and work out reasonably plan. I think you should try mine, is superior to the 3 day diet.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You have been a member of MFP since August 2011 and you haven't learnt yet that this sort of thing is just dumb?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No.

Use this site as it was intended. Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit.