40s and need to lose 10 more pounds.

Options
Hi. I am looking for some friends in a similar situation. I'm in my 40s and it is harder to lose and keep it off than it used to be. I've been on a good course since January and need to keep up the momentum. :happy:

Replies

• dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Much the same! Hitting 40 this year and that stubborn last 10lbs hanging on! Although it may be partly to do with my lack of willpower to say no!

Feel free to add me anyhow - we need all the help we can get!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. It's much easier to gain than lose these days. MFP is really making a difference for me thought. I've lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks. Right on schedule. But being constantly mindful of calories in/calories out is very different from how it was in my 20s and 30s.
  • omlin
    omlin Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow! Inspiring! It IS harder now than it used to be!
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and am looking to get healthier. I'm not sure what my final weight will be since I'm taking it 10 pounds at a time. Right now most of my focus is on adding exercise. I will tackle the food monster as soon as I'm ready - baby steps for me. Anyone, please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Christinayaonews
    Christinayaonews Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new and also in my 40s. How do you add people and what does it do?
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! 41 here and joined the beginning of the year. i'm doing well so far...and make changes everyday. this site is so helpful. i wish you all the best along your journey. stay positive and don't beat yourself up on the bad days. we all have them. just get back up and take another step forward. we can do this. i log on every day...anyone can add me if they'd like. have a great day..or evening.
  • aubsangels
    aubsangels Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I join groups that fit my situation and will ask others in the group to add as a friend. I find the more support the better. Plus, we can share great ideas. So, go into groups and start joining and you can friend request anyone there. Good luck and happy to be your friend.