Doing intervals?

Options
I have been do intervals for ever and I love it. I recently purchased an interval timer. I dont know how I live without it! You can set it accourdingly. It was not that pricey but it is well worth it! I paid in total $28. Check it out!!!

http://www.gymboss.com/index.html
interval timer (i got the cute pink one:) hehe :wink:

Replies

• vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I had never heard of this and if it works as well as all the reviews say, it will make Interval training a breeze! My issue with interval training has always been not keeping my eye on my watch as to when to stop when I am at Max effort.
    The price is also fabulous, way cheaper than getting a new HRM with interval timer built in. Thanks again!
  • Kirsten2577
    Kirsten2577 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome tip. Just visited and purchased one for my tabata class. Will also come in Handy for Boot camp too! Thanks You
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I don't have one myself (I use a round timer on my iPhone) but I have heard great things about the Gymboss. One nice feature is that you can set it to vibrate to alert you instead of beep so you can also listen to music and not have to try to hear the beeps.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM for time. But I think a timer would be a good tool if you don't have an HRM. I love doing interval type training, it's the best way for me to work out my whole body hard without getting bored (weights are very boring to me, I much prefer mixing weights and body weight stuff and agility stuff)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    This is cool!!! I have a HRM but I like the fact that this gadget it would make it more brainless, lol. Beep...do something else...beep...next...beep...
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I don't have one myself (I use a round timer on my iPhone) but I have heard great things about the Gymboss. One nice feature is that you can set it to vibrate to alert you instead of beep so you can also listen to music and not have to try to hear the beeps.

The vibrating feature is what sld me. I am one of those peope that have to have the head phones on at all times. I have it set on vibrate and beep. Sometimes when you are doing something where you are jumping you can miss the vibration (usually no though) and the beep is loud even against the ear buds. I think I annoy people at the gym but oh well lmao.

I too have a HR monitor on but it makes it easier and you can go all out and not have to keep track of your watch. It gives you about a 5 second period to do more. May not sound like much but it helps if you are counting reps, rounds etc.

Its a little tricky at first so when you guys get yours feel free to ask me how to set it :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the tip!