Crying over a TV show or Movie

Options
1) When is the last time you cried over a tv show or movie?

2) Please tell us about it :drinker:

3) Add your two cents

I'm an avid fan of 24 (the tv show). It was the season that they bumped off most of the main characters :sad:

Terrorist release a gas in the CTU HQ building and the staff tries to contain the deadly gas, locking parts of the building down. Edgar gets trapped behind the glass in a contaminated area. He and Chloe's eyes are locked on each other as he dies.

The Edgar was always sniffin' around Chloe, who always treated him like he was as dumb as a box of rocks. Anyway, I think he had a super huge crush on her. To me, it felt like he died knowing he would never get to tell her...he loved her

:sad:

I don't like to see ET lay face down in the stream either :sad:

Replies

• Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I should admit this...

...but I pretty much bawled when a guy with a stutter was auditioning for American Idol. He seemed so lovely, and his stutter was so significant it was really affecting how he was conversing with the judges. I really felt for that guy.

Also.... I can cry pretty easily over a tv show or movie. Thriller movies are just about the only ones I don't cry in. I bawled through Up.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I cry over a tv show movie or commercial even...once a month every month.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    Options
    The Magnificent 7.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Live2InspireHope
    Live2InspireHope Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Can't Give Spoilers away But i cried like a big Baby on the Series Finale of Merlin. Not Everyone from the US has seen it so i cant say Why.

IT's Rare Tv Shows can Inspire Fans to care so much for the Characters the few shows that do are special and Rare

a few of my shows who have done that in my life

Quantum Leap
    Roswell
    Doctor Who
    Merlin
    Sliders
    Firefly
    Angel
    Game of Thrones
    Spartacus

those might not be for everyone for me they have a special spot. i have a few others also
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    On behalf of many ladies & myself : THE NOTEBOOK! :cry:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    A Walk To Remember had me heartbroken for days.
  • blubberbegone1976
    blubberbegone1976 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness - where to start!? Ok - Sophie's Choice, Steel Magnolias, Beaches, My Girl... I'm more of a reader than anything though and some books which really set the waterworks off were The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons, These is my Words by Nancy E Turner, Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon and The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullouch.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Can't Give Spoilers away But i cried like a big Baby on the Series Finale of Merlin. Not Everyone from the US has seen it so i cant say Why.

IT's Rare Tv Shows can Inspire Fans to care so much for the Characters the few shows that do are special and Rare

Quantum Leap
    Roswell
    Doctor Who
    Merlin
    Sliders
    Firefly
    Angel
    Game of Thrones
    Spartacus

those might not be for everyone for me they have a special spot. i have a few others also
    Haven't seen Merlin but I agree with that list above. Also to add to the list, Buffy.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    tv show?
    LOL I know im crazy, but I always cry in those extreme makeover home edition, dunno if its for the happiness of the family when they see the new house, or because Im jealous and I would like the same haha

with a movie was when I watch Legends of the Fall.. the scene when Brad Pitt returns after years and found out his dad is sick .. that he cant even talk and need a piece of chalk to write down what he wants to say.. omg, I cry every single timeeee :sad:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

THIS. A million times, this.

I am never watching that disgusting movie again.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hachiko, everytime I see that movie...
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I have never really understood the fuss over that film... but whenever I watch 'Love, Actually'. I ALWAYS cry.. Can't help it!
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I have never really understood the fuss over that film... but whenever I watch 'Love, Actually'. I ALWAYS cry.. Can't help it!

Same here!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh almost forgot, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, if I watch that movie....I'm gonna cry. My hubby will look at me puzzled but I will still not be able to say cause I'm crying so much and really don't know why?
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I should admit this...

...but I pretty much bawled when a guy with a stutter was auditioning for American Idol. He seemed so lovely, and his stutter was so significant it was really affecting how he was conversing with the judges. I really felt for that guy.

Also.... I can cry pretty easily over a tv show or movie. Thriller movies are just about the only ones I don't cry in. I bawled through Up.

LOL I think I cried like 4 times in Up! Awesome movie though!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

While never cried, I did got heart heavy over "A walk to remember". Mainly because it reminded me of something in real life.

Field of dreams was touching. Almost got me too.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The godfather part 3, oh the beauty on the steps :'(
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Quantum Leap
    Roswell
    Doctor Who
    Merlin
    Sliders
    Firefly
    Angel
    Game of Thrones
    Spartacus

Yeah, Quantum Leap got me. Sam never made it home. :-(

Oh, and I didn't cry. I got a lump in my throat.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    7 pounds
    Love Actually
    The Family Stone
    Les Miserables (2012)
  • bodicegoddess
    bodicegoddess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "Fringe" just had its series finale on Friday night and I was a WRECK. I could tell. It lapsed into ugly-crying at one point.