Yes.
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ty again everyone :)))
  • gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Confine your new cat to one room, and let the existing cat feel secure that she owns the rest of the house. I would give that at least a day or so. Then let the new one out and let them sort it out. If they fight, it's likely to be fairly brief if the new cat backs down right away. You can help establish the correct relationship by feeding your older cat first, for example. Give them separate little trays, too.

Be patient, animals have their ways of sorting out who is boss, and usually things settle down quite quickly once this is established. Consistently breaking things up will probably prolong the period of sorting out dominance. If you find that after a week or so they are still fighting or one is beginning to persistently bully the other, you might need some more serious behavioural management. But let them have at it for a while first.

This is exactly what my sister did, same problem and worked just fine, let them fight, it's how they comunicate and figure it out. But yeah basically, give it time!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    They are both mutually attaching each other :s - but just hissing and growling at the mo!
    Also they have separate litter boxes and separate food bowls :)

Mothers and daughters, eh? :P

Guess I am a bit impatient too - sorry guys! Will give it a few weeks/months! :)

Thanks!

It took two weeks of separation and three days of supervised together time to get my 6 month old kitten(she was three months when we adopted her) to get along with my 1 yr old cat. It's going to be a slow process, but if you follow the guidance to introducing cats, they'll learn to get along or at least tolerate one another.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    When I bought my cat my fiances mum's cat and him fought for months! He didnt like my cat at all! It's because mine is also male and he wasn't desexed.. We thought he was a girl for a long time and wanted to breed. BUT turns out he was a boy and when he got desexed things calmed down. I have moved out now and my fiance still has our cat and both cats still fight, but are inseperable. :laugh:
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Give her thyme.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    ease them in to this. Usually it gets better esp if one is a kitten. It took 3 months to get my cats in the same room as my puppy. They dont like him but they dont mind him being in the room anymore. Keep them separate. let the smells fill their noses so they get mor comfortable. give them treats later on when they together so they associate being together with happy treats.