Food Inc. on YOUTUBE

Options
Watch it...it will change your life...so sad, so disgusting, and now I am thinking of going vegetarian AND organic

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    there is a lot more info on the website. I definitely want to watch the movie now!

Thanks for posting!
    http://www.foodincmovie.com/

10 simple things you can do to change our food system: Learn more about these issues and how you can take action on Takepart.com
    Stop drinking sodas and other sweetened beverages.
    You can lose 25 lbs in a year by replacing one 20 oz soda a day with a no calorie beverage (preferably water).
    Eat at home instead of eating out.
    Children consume almost twice (1.8 times) as many calories when eating food prepared outside the home.
    Support the passage of laws requiring chain restaurants to post calorie information on menus and menu boards.
    Half of the leading chain restaurants provide no nutritional information to their customers.
    Tell schools to stop selling sodas, junk food, and sports drinks.
    Over the last two decades, rates of obesity have tripled in children and adolescents aged 6 to 19 years.
    Meatless Mondays—Go without meat one day a week.
    An estimated 70% of all antibiotics used in the United States are given to farm animals.
  • exercisediva
    Options
    also shop at your local farmer market! I saw the movie and i was totally shocked. I only eat free range chicken and feed my family grass fed beef and I only buy organic.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ya I was most definately in shock when I watched this! It really made me think about what I put into my body. Some people may say organic is too expensive but it is worth putting your money into on the long run....healthier lives!