Healthy non-dairy coffee creamer?

Options
2»

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love coffee and don't want to give it up - I just like a little half & half in it - no sugar. I've tried it black and I don't like it as much. Dairy bothers my belly though. I've given up cheese, use Almond Milk in cereal. The half & half is the last thing I'm using. I tried the almond milk...not quite as creamy. I may try the unsweetend Coconut Milk...

I will NEVER give up my coffee either-LOL. Probably is how many cals I use with my creamer. I found fat-free half-n-half is decent but still processed. I've tried almond milk in my coffee and didn't like it. Maybe the coconut will be better!

I use fat free half n half and I have dairy issues too but this little bit doesn't seem to bother me. I like almond milk but not in my coffee. I don't like coconut taste so I am not sure about the coconut milk. I too refuse to give up my morning coffee!!!
  • Findekano
    Findekano Posts: 116
    Options
    Starbucks is selling Casi Cielo right now, and it is incredible. Needs nothing added. Even I can drink it black in a pinch, and I hate my coffee black. Expensive, but well worth it.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i love coffee but don't like it much black. before I got hooked up with a local milk provider, I had trouble finding a "green" creamer source.

I learned that raw cashews food processed with almond milk until a cream consistency worked REALLY WELL.

almond milk alone wasn't creamy enough for me

Great idea! As soon as I start drinking coffee again, I'm giving this a try.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    there is a yummy coconut milk one....i forget the brand but there are a few coconut ones.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    coconut milk from the can. Super creamy and great for you!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I put half a scoop of chocolate protein powder in 1/4 cup of almond milk, stir or whisk, then add to coffee , yummy with protein ! Or go for some baileys :drinker:

Does the almond milk curdle in the hot coffee? Ive often thought about doing that but didnt want to ruin the coffee!?
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I put half a scoop of chocolate protein powder in 1/4 cup of almond milk, stir or whisk, then add to coffee , yummy with protein ! Or go for some baileys :drinker:

This is a great idea -- just mixed muscle milk into my coffee -- not a bad way to add some grams of protein. Thanks!

This morning I made mine (granted my cup is a vat) with cold brewed coffee, a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a quarter cup non fat chobani. Tasted remarkably like a coffee cheesecake. When the weather warms up I think I'll try this with ice and a blender.
  • tweetz78
    Options

This is a great idea -- just mixed muscle milk into my coffee -- not a bad way to add some grams of protein. Thanks!
    ok i just used the muscle milk and i love it. had to run across the street and buy some quick after reading this. doesnt even need my usual 1 cube of sugar this way. thanks
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    the coconut ones seem legit.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I refuse to alter my coffee. It's the one vice I'm not changing through this new journey! Although I have cut back on the amount of Sweet-N-Low I use now. I say enjoy i the way you like it!
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Coffee Mate Natural Bliss. No crap added and it tastes really good.
  • JenniferPauly
    Options
    So Delicious is a brand that has coconut milk creamer. It is usually sold in the organic section of the grocery store
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    So Delicious is a brand that has coconut milk creamer. It is usually sold in the organic section of the grocery store

Picked up both an organic coconut milk french vanilla and the Silk Hazelnut to try. Both aren't quite as creamer as the CoffeeMatte liquid crack I LUUUUUUUV, but much healthier on the fats. Still 20+ calories per tablespoon so goot watch those. Both taste good but like the coconut one better so far.
  • Jacsuesq
    Jacsuesq Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here is a healthy coffee creamer that I like to use. It's a combination of recipes I found on the internet.
    Chocolate Almond Milk Coffee Creamer
    • 1 cup raw almonds (that have soaked 6-8 hours & rinsed well)
    • 4 cups filtered water
    • 2 T coconut oil
    • Fine mesh bag or strainer
    Combine all ingredients in high-powered blender (I have Blend Tech) and blend until smooth and creamy. Strain almond pulp out using a mesh bag or fine strainer. Save all the milk. (You can use pulp in another recipe if you wish)

Place milk back in blender. Add 4 T cocoa powder, 2 t Vanilla & 1-2 scoops of Stevia in Raw (or other form of Stevia). Blend for several seconds until it’s all combined.

I store this in the refrigerator in an old, large creamer container. I give a good shake before using.
    Approximately 2 T (serving) is 25 calories and 1 g of fat. It has negligible protein or sugar.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    coconut cream
  • Manatee83
    Options
    I like Sammi's Best Coffee Creamer it tastes good, especially Vanilla and Original is all natural and dairy free by FDA standards though it does contain Sodium Caseinate which is a milk derived salt. I am not a strict Vegetarian so this is OK with me, but you can make up your own mind, it is powdered but mixes well with coffee and also has calcium as 3rd ingredient which they say helps neutralize the coffee acid. Here is a link.

http://www.bestlifeint.com/#!healthy-coffee-creamer/c12ui