Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Too much fiber can constipate too.
  • MileHighTexan
    MileHighTexan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My advice is a mixture of the above.....A black cup of brewed coffee and a yogurt followed by a walk. I went two days after my first week and followed this advice and was greatly relieved.
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I started taking Cinnamon tablets which help boost metabolism (and they're CHEAP and available at Wal-Mart) and they actually had a surprising side-affect of making me more regular.

Also make sure you're taking your daily vitamins - you should be anyways, but it should help with regularity.

And if all else-fails, a "cheat" night at your local Chinese Buffet will CERTAINLY do the trick!

hornet.gif
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Be sure to keep us updated
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have this problem all the time. I usually take Miralax or benefiiber drink lots of water and keep moving. and relax. it will happen. :)
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you are moderately to significantly under your calorie maintenance, you may not go every day. 3 days is pushing it...but eventually all that fiber from fruit and veggies has to come out...
  • Progman
    Progman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Green tea & Dried prunes.......trust me ;-)
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    I suggest pineapple. More than a slice or two and it's straight to the toilet for me.
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    I got the same way when I was in the hospital having my bypass surgery and they gave me a small bottle of prune juice each morning. Worked like a charm.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What always works for me is going to a store where the restroom is out of order. haha

Bwahahahaha SERIOUSLY. :laugh:
  • dudekc
    dudekc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have some ground flax seed- that should speed things up
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Spend some time on the loo. Bring in a good book. Relax. Take your time. Sip a strong coffee. Sometimes we are far too busy for our own good.
  • UncleRiotous
    Options
    Looks like you've only just joined the site, if you've only just started dieting then I wouldn't be too worried. You might be eating lots of fibre but the chances are you're eating less overall and a lot of what you are eating is probably made of water.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    plenty fibre fruit water and exercise
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yes it is adjusting so get some herbal tea called "Smooth Move" and let one bag steep for 15 mins....do not take any of the other crap on the market because you do not want to strip your intestines of the good flora! Drink a cup of tea before bed...it is all natural and it is not harsh on your system :-)

Wrong!

Smooth Move contains senna, which is one of harshest laxatives around. Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean that it's safe or good for you--lead, arsenic, cobra venom, and poison ivy are all "100% natural."
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just started a couple of weeks ago and the same thing happened to me. Change in diet would be the cause, whether less fat or just less calories, I didn't go for a couple of days and I still am not back to everyday. As long as you are hydrated, things will come when they are ready and it shouldn't be a problem when it does. If you are feeling uncomfortable and bloated, try something gentle like prune juice or coffee rather than reaching straight for something stronger. It's most likely your body just readjusting.
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sadly I have had this experience. I drank an extreme amount of water and it solved the problem. Good luck.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    12-16 glasses of water, chia seeds in Greek yogurt, and strength training. Have you given up coffee? Sometimes that can affect your regularity.

HOLY CRAP (or lack of). I have had issues the past week and was SO uncomfortable yesterday (and am paying for it today, I thought I was dying last night).
    I so didn't think about the coffee. I'm one week caffiene free today (Woot woot for me)! That totally explains the lack of movement despite increasing my water intake. Fiber I'm ok on (even eating fiber one bars).
    Speaking of fiber one bars- don't eat more than one a day. When I first got them I was like "OMG THIS IS AWESOME". Tasted great. Ate THREE in one day. I farted more that day than I ever have!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me occasionally. It's your body adjusting to the foods you're eating. I usually take a magnesium supplement. That usually helps.
  • jfaith27
    Options
    Hi I have had the same thing happen to me as well. Instead of using laxities I suggest green test for cleansing. The one they sell at Mejier is the best and only 4 bucks. It is in the same isle as the vitamins.