I dont want to be the fat bridesmaid!

Options

Replies

• mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This is a group of my people! I am also trying not to be the fatty that ruins the wedding photos. My friends wedding is July 21. I ordered a size 20 dress. Wayyyyyy depressing.

you can do it! Remember that it is not always the size but how you feel! you can "feel" better by July and have alterations done on the dress:)
  • gina04976
    Options
    You are in the SAME boat as me! I have a wedding this summer and one next summer, and I am also SO tired of being the fat one! :) You can do it, just follow the calories, I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks now, and am actually down 15 lbs!!! Keep your chin up and just remember to drink lots of h2O and when you have food, actually LOOK at it and decide if it's good....you'll be a lovely bridesmaid if you can stick to it! good luck
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Erin, you are losing the weight for life not just for the wedding but the wedding is a good short term goal.

Stick to logging all your food religiously and do not kid yourself - weigh the portions.

Eat lots of fruits and veggies and cut out the bread, cakes, biscuits and processed food. This stuff gets into your blood sugar too soon and gives you a sugar spike.

Make sure you walk or run for an hour a day.

YOUR WEIGHT IS GUARANTEED TO FALL OFF.
  • fiwobble81
    fiwobble81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mog, I didn't see your post - congratulations!
  • suziq215
    Options
    You've gotta stay positive and take it one day at a time! If you start thinking negatively now you are only going to set yourself up for failure. Treat every day like it's your first day of your new lifestyle and eventually the process will become easier!
  • killervogel5
    killervogel5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Probably not the BEST topic for me, but I completely sympathize with all of you because I'm the first one in here trying not to be the fat GROOM. The goal in my ticker is my wedding goal, and I have until October to get there. I hope it's doable!
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I'm the biggest person in the bridal party. But, I also want to lose weight to be healthy. I got till September. We should have a group!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to be the fat BRIDE!! lol. I just got engaged on Christmas and I realllllly want to plan for a Sept/Oct 2013 wedding. I need to lose at least 50lbs, preferably 60! YOU ARE NOT ALONE and WE CAN DO THIS!!! Lets get thin, healthy, and pretty for the special day! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm also gonna be a bridesmaid in November. It's the first time I've ever been one so I'm really excited but I've been warned there's gonna be loads of pictures so I don't want to look like I do now. Call it vanity, I don't care, I need to lose this weight!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Probably not the BEST topic for me, but I completely sympathize with all of you because I'm the first one in here trying not to be the fat GROOM. The goal in my ticker is my wedding goal, and I have until October to get there. I hope it's doable!

its doable buddy! you can do it! stay strong and determined. =) Good Luck!
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to lose all my weight for my sisters wedding last year. Instead I got bigger. The photos make me cry and people were laughing at me. Use me as your inspiration and stick to your plan. Good luck!

Aww! :cry: How awful!
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am set to be a bridesmaid too in a wedding that 1.5 years away... so I have some time to get in shape but I would like to lose the last 25 or so by the summer (aug-sept)! Feel free to add me for support. I started my journey @ 186 -- similar to where you are!
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Erin, you can do this. And thank goodness you are looking to lose the weight in a reasonable time frame. That is extremely smart, and yes there are plenty of people who lose weight quickly, but they gain it back and more. I have lost 17 lbs since Oct. 3rd (on another program), and my doctor says the slower the better chance of making life long changes.
    I have a few suggestions, always be honest when logging your food. Even on bad days, log the whole cheesecake or gallon of ice cream. So, you automatically over time become aware of what you are eating. Only weight yourself once a week, anymore will drive you insane as your weight can change daily for all sorts of reasons. Finally, I bought a kitchen scale at Costco for less than $20. Helps me make sure my logging of food intake is accurate.

Erin, you will be a beautiful bridesmaid even if the wedding is tomorrow. Remember that. If you want to lose weight before the wedding, that is fine. But know you are beautiful at 150lb, 193lb, or even 250lbs. Lose it so you feel better about yourself, because doing it for you is the only good reason.

Hugs
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to list as many reasons as you can that you want to be more fit. Write them down. Here are some other suggestions I've collected over time: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/how-to-use-myfitnesspal-427993
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to a friends wedding because I couldn't face being the fat one in the pics or the horror of finding something to hide my stack of spare tires from boobs to hips.. and wasn't even going to be a bridesmaid! So I can't even imagine the pressure on you so best of luck xxx

I am starting this so next time I get invited to a wedding ill be excited to go out to buy an outfit instead of dreading where I can even go that sells clothes in my size that aren't just tents.

Make sure you post pics of the lovely slim new you in the bridesmaid dress on the day.
  • lauralouw91
    lauralouw91 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Went on saturday to choose dresses. The bride picked out the dresses and ordered them i was horrified to be told i need a size 18!!! usually i wear a 12-14 which i know isnt massive but i want to smaller for the wedding as the other bridemaids are tiny.
    Although the lady in the shop said the dresses come up small i am determined by the next fitting that the dress will need taking in...hopefully ALOT. i refuse to wear a size 18!!
  • killervogel5
    killervogel5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

its doable buddy! you can do it! stay strong and determined. =) Good Luck!

Thanks!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i dont want to be the fat bride on my wedding day! im getting married october 19! i have a lot more to lose then you do! but i understand completely where your coming from! i was suppose to get married last year. has to cancel the wedding cause of my fiances cancer treatments. new year for us! new me with my weightloss goals! new dress for me later this year! we can do this shizzznit!
  • erinsundberg
    erinsundberg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Went on saturday to choose dresses. The bride picked out the dresses and ordered them i was horrified to be told i need a size 18!!! usually i wear a 12-14 which i know isnt massive but i want to smaller for the wedding as the other bridemaids are tiny.
    Although the lady in the shop said the dresses come up small i am determined by the next fitting that the dress will need taking in...hopefully ALOT. i refuse to wear a size 18!!

Dont feel bad, i tried on an 18 and couldnt get it done up... im usually a 14-16. We're in this together
  • erinsundberg
    erinsundberg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad I posted this topic, seems it being supportive not only to myself but others as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one having the same nightmare lol we can all do this!!!