Tracking pedometer steps

Options
Is there any way in MFP to track daily steps from your pedometer? Have searched exercise for
steps, pedometer, track steps - nothing.....
Thank you!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Yes there is- but I can't remember how. I'm sure someone here will know though.
  • 1949LastChance
    Options
    Try this.

Step 1

10,000 steps are equal to 5 miles, 1 mile is equal to 2,000 steps.

Step 2

Calculate how many calories you burn with each step. A one mile walk burns 100 calories. According to the Universsity of Nebraska, Lincoln. Since one mile is equal to 2,000 steps, you can calculate the amount of calories burned for each step using the formula: 100/2,000=.05.

Step 3

Calculate how many calories you burn in a day. Use the number of steps you've taken during the day and multiply it by .05. For example, if you've walked 3,300 steps in a day, the calulation is as follows: 3,300 x .05 = 165 calories

Hope this helps :smile:
  • jaz050465
    Options
    It can be done. You set it up as something else to be tracked. Can't remember how I did it though. Ill try to remember later.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Found it. Go to 'My Hime', then 'check in' then the small blue link saying ' track additional measurement'.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Found it. Go to 'My Hime', then 'check in' then the small blue link saying ' track additional measurement'.
    You can also go to 'My Home' LOL:laugh:

From there you can add the additional measurement.

Some other programs and equipment can and will add it automatically. I have a Fitbit which does that.
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got a little lazy, boughten Fitbit and it connects wirelessly to my phone and iPad. Tracks steps very nicely.
  • wendy32752
    wendy32752 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!