Anyone start Supreme 90 Day workout recently?

Options
I joined the Supreme 90 Day group on here but it appears to no longer be active. I started Supreme 90 day workouts on January first and I was looking for others who are also working through this program.

Replies

• samanthabernardo
    samanthabernardo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am just starting...again. LOL. My husband purchased S90 for me at the beginning of December 2012. With the holidays and travel, it was put to the side. Today is my first day back home from visiting everyone abroad and I doubled up on Ultimate Ball. It is hard and I do not believe I will ever be comfortable with my butt 3' above my head in the V-ups.
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing it as a program, but the workouts are really tough! They take me a lot longer than the people doing them! I use the heaviest weights I can, and take more breaks, so my pace is much slower. I bought them awhile ago, and am giving them another look, now that I've taken off some weight. I did a combo today of Chest & Back (skipped the last circuit), and Shoulders & Arms, (skipped some of biceps sets). I think I will be sore! I have been a little bored with my weight routines, so I think this will shake things up a bit!
    Best wishes!
    Fell free to add me as a friend,
    Joan
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I started this program the 1st of January. So I did day 19 today. I am seeing some muscle toning from the program. It gives me a good work out
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lol. I cant do the v-up either. I thought I wasnt strong enough but I finally realized I am just scared to put my butt over my head. I think these workouts are really tough. I do cardio for a warmup and yoga or pilates for a cooldown. I think those sections are boring and not long enough. I have stopped lossing weight. I wonder if its due to muscle gain from S90? I am on day 21 and I have increased my dumbbells by 2-5lbs depending on the exercise.
  • lwright311
    Options
    Anyone else hate Tabata Inferno? I do. I dont know if it is the repetition or the intensity. Any motivational tips to get through it?
  • AinE_75
    AinE_75 Posts: 38
    Options
    I just got the DVDs and building up my courage to start it :) I actually do a lot of cardio now (5-6 times a week) and go to muscle pump classes twice a week, so I am not sure how to fit this workout into my schedule... But your comments are encouraging :)
  • lwright311
    Options
    I was doing cardio 6 times a week and strength training a few times a week also. To fit S90 in I now do 30-45 min cardio as my warmup. The great thing about S90 is most of the workouts are less than 30 min. The longest one is Tabata which is about 45.
  • kellijeanmahoney
    kellijeanmahoney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completed Supreme 90 Day just before Christmas. I loved it and am very happy with my results. I lost 12 lbs and feel so much better, physically and mentally. I started Rushfit this week, but will continue to use the Tabata and Cardio Challenge dvd's from Supreme 90 on the cardio days for Rushfit. Tabata is hard, but the satisfaction you feel once you've completed it is fantastic. Don't give up! The effort is well worth it! :smile:
  • AinE_75
    AinE_75 Posts: 38
    Options
    I was doing cardio 6 times a week and strength training a few times a week also. To fit S90 in I now do 30-45 min cardio as my warmup. The great thing about S90 is most of the workouts are less than 30 min. The longest one is Tabata which is about 45.

I see. So you do not do any extra strength training anymore? Just Supreme90? I have a great instructor and really love her muscle pump classes she teaches twice a week and I do not want to quit it. I do my cardio in the gym as well - either on the treadmill or on elliptical machine... I wonder is I should do S90 only on the days when I have no strength training...
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I joined the Supreme 90 Day group on here but it appears to no longer be active. I started Supreme 90 day workouts on January first and I was looking for others who are also working through this program.

I started again four days ago. The furthest I've ever gotten was day 16. I hate Tabata Inferno, but the feelin' of accomplishment after completing it is amazin'! Feel free to add me if you are still lookin' for someone else who is also doin' it :)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Mine should arrive in the mail this week!!!
    This will be my newest addition to ALL the workout series that I have!
  • vinadity98
    vinadity98 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started today with the chest and back dvd! It was tough but I got through it. Excited to see my body change!
    16928947.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hutchema
    hutchema Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have had S90 for almost a year. Have not completely finished it yet, made it half way through last summer and loved the results I got, but ended up spraining my ankle camping and never started back up. I am ready to start up again!
  • rutherford4
    Options
    I am trying to find this workout DVD but can't find it locally. I see some for double the retail cost on Amazon and Ebay. Anyone know where I can purchase it?
  • lwright311
    Options
    I got my Supreme 90 Day at Roses which is kinda like Big Lots. I am on Day 77 and I am very happy with my results. My body fat percentage is down to my ideal range and my legs arms and abs are very toned. When I finish I think I am going to start Weider's X-Factor ST which is an 8 week program. I like the structure of being told what to do each day.
  • chefgirl866
    Options
    You should join the supreme 90 day group on Facebook. Most supportive bunch of folks that you will find. They have people who are doing supreme 90 and all different kinds of programs. It really is a great group.
  • meganac69
    meganac69 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In mid- February I had just started P90x for a fifth (?) round ( Don't worry, I still can't do a pull-up, I have had it since its release in 2004 and used it off and on during that time) when I read about Supreme 90. So I ordered it though Amazon after searching for it in local discount retailers and fitness resellers in the area. It arrived just as I was starting P90x phase 2 (back and biceps) I was thrilled at the prospect of not having to do the pull-ups and chin-ups. I did the S90 Back and Biceps once and the Ulitmate Ball once, thinking I would alternate between he two programs before I decided I should just start over from day 1 on the Supreme 90. So today was day 4, Tabata Inferno. It reminds me a lot of the Insanity workouts (did I mention I am a Beachbody Junkie?)

What I like about the Supreme 90 workouts is that they are down to business, not a lot of the jibber-jabber you get from Tony, so far I have not been able o get the sets and reps in without hitting pause, unlike P90X where I am fast forwarding through the junk. Every workout I have done so far has left me literally dripping with sweat. I am also appreciating the fact that I am feeling post-workout muscle soreness in areas I've never felt before. Finally, I like the fact that he focuses on core exercises in each workout without having to do a whole extra 15-minute Ab-Ripper routine .

Cons? Same warm-up and cool-down for each routine? Lame. Sometimes I feel like a specific set like legs probably doesn't need a lot of upper body stretches and vice versa. Second con, no yoga. Now I am not saying I loved Yoga X. I mean, who has 90 minutes to devote to a bunch of poses, many of which I cannot (and probably should not) replicate. However, I truly felt that I had a lot of increase in flexibility when I was doing the Yoga once a week.

The verdict? I will work through the program once, lifting as heavy as my Bowflex 5250 dumbbell set will allow and then tweak, add, mix, as needed.
  • lwright311
    Options
    Meganac69, thank you for the comparison. I was very curious about p90x and how it compares to s90. As far as the cons, I agree the warmup and cooldown are lame. I substitute a 15-30 cardio DVd (like the method boot camp) and a 10 min yoga workout for cooldown from the Daily Yoga app on my smartphone or a pilates dvd.
  • susanpatenaudevigil
    Options
    I did this workout at the same time as you, lwright311.
    I teach Intervals classes at a local gym, but this workout REALLY changed my body composition. Lost 8 lbs or so, 2 pants sizes and 2 inches off my (under) bust measurement. (unfortunately I wasn't looking to lose weight or go down in size; was hoping just to get more "cut" which I DEFINITELY did!)
    GREAT workouts and only paid $4.99 @ Ross!! (listed on Amazon for $29.99 today)
    Gotta agree...the same old warm up/cool-down made me crazy!!! Was actually talking back to Tom Holland through my TV by the last 3 weeks!!!
    I DID like the fact that the longest workout was 56 mins and most were around 33 or 44 mins. My arms/shoulders look amazing and my back almost looks like a dude's!!
    I would HIGHLY recommend this workout to anyone ready to change their body.
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was looking for other people here who are also doing the S90. I bought it last year sometime and I didn't get very far because I was 30+ lbs overweight and pretty out of shape. I also didn't see any results because I was not eating right at all.

After getting very close to my goal and in need of some toning, I brought out the DVDs again. I am on Day 15 and able to get through all the workouts and I work up quite a good sweat. I can definitely see results in my definition, but I am also in the process of doing the 30 Day Ab and 30 Day Arm challenges and I completed the 30 day Squat challenge shortly after beginning S90.

I love the Tabata Inferno. Yes, it's intense, but the exercises are only short bursts, so just when I feel like I can't do any more, it's time to rest. :)

I am not following their diet, but I am eating much better than I used to and staying under my calories, so it's working for me. I like to change things up!