motherhood and working out

Options
2»

Replies

• jakkidoodles
    Options
    Oh good! I have two kids, one 6 and the other 10 weeks. I have a humungus 9 stone to lose if I was to be my 'ideal' weight. But i'm not bothered by how much the NHS says I should weigh, I just want to feel good and be fit enough to play with my kids in the snow without worrying about my back giving out. So. I have set myself a target of losing 5 stone to start with. I have a couple of weddings in July to attend so i'm aiming for that, whether I'll get there or not depends, I guess. Being a mother and losing weight is tough. I have just conjoured up a plan. I'm on the 6yr old diet. whatever my daughter eats, I eat. And since I'm so strict with her, it should fall off and i'll feel better in no time. I think breastfeeding helps!!!

The only exercise I get is walking with the pram, but I guess that's better than nothing. When i've lost some weight and my baby is a little older I may think about the gym, but tbh, along with no time, I can't face realising how unfit I am!

May I recommend something to you.....

I started doing it, before I hurt my back..... You can get Kilogram weights that you can strap to your ankles/wrists. I started doing the housework with them on. You hardly feel them at first, but it really does give you a good work out, obviously mostly toning, but if you've had a baby, that's probably what you want more than anything!

Best of luck, YOU CAN DO IT :)
  • jacobjacksmom
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom too. And it is REALLY hard to fit it everything in a day. Between meals, cleaning, diapers and everything else in between. I have a 2 year old and 1 year old. They are only 13 months apart. So I have two baby fat challenges ahead me.A 51 pound challenge. I'm just starting and my excuse for the last 6 months was because I never had time. I didn't have time. But now what I do is just make the time. While my boys are playing in the morning I turn on my workout video and if they are interested I get them to exercise too or play a movie on the portable dvd player. And then at bedtime I run on the treadmill. Put yourself first before your chores. It's what Im going to do. Because as much as it is important to have a clean house. Its even more important to be healthy for your babies. Good Luck! Us Moms will do it!
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Im quite lucky in that my little one loves her sleep and sleep in's , so i have chance to work out in the mornings or when she naps . I know at some point it will become harder , so just enjoying it while i can . Always have the evenings too but prefer mornings . I've heard some mums incorporate their child into the workout , i haven't a clue how lol xx