I just want to get rid of my fat!!

Options
will running be the best thing for that?
if so...im going to start the couch to 5k today.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Best way to get rid of your fat is to eat close to maintance and lift heavy weights. That will add muscle and lose your body fat %.

Straight cardio will work as well obviously however eating at a deficit and doing cardio can lead to muscle loss in addition to fat... which causes you to end up "skinny fat".
  • Kimberly_Tanith
    Kimberly_Tanith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Indeed, cardio all the way :)
  • absoluttif1
    absoluttif1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm skinny fat right now. I'm definitely not overweight, but what's there is fat - not muscle. My good friend is helping me start a lifting program. I hope it works!
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    not cardio all the way.... that is not the BEST way to get rid of body fat... the best way is to lift weights (not the pink 5lb weights), heavy weights, some HITT cardio training and supplement it with a healthy diet
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I believe a good balance of lifting and cardio is best.
  • Honeybea86
    Options
    Cardio and weight training with a balanced nutrition.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    You need to combine a calorie deficit with strength training to eliminate fat while retaining muscle. Cardio like running helps you achieve the calorie deficit, but if you only have time to do one or the other, choose weights. That said, cardiovascular health is important, and if you want to run, you should definitely go for it. I run three days a week and lift three days a week, and it works very well for me.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and lift heavy. Running is good but lifting heavy is better :)
  • hardone1979
    Options
    I do 40 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of lifting 6 days a week, its been working for me
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cardio is the best way to burn fat, and running is excellent cardio. C25k is a great plan.

Add some strength training as well though. This is important to make sure you don't lose too much muscle while losing fat.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Best way to get rid of your fat is to eat close to maintance and lift heavy weights. That will add muscle and lose your body fat %.

Straight cardio will work as well obviously however eating at a deficit and doing cardio can lead to muscle loss in addition to fat... which causes you to end up "skinny fat".

Right on the money.