Energy?????? I need to find energy..willpower????

Options
if i just had the energy i would also have the will power!!!!!!! ive tried soo many things im out of ideas....

Replies

• silkkat50
    silkkat50 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If your lacking in energy, are you eating enough?? I know that sounds odd to someone on a diet, but the very same thing was said to me, and there's an interesting and informative link you should take a look at, do the calculations etc.. Could be that your putting your body in starvation mode, which will mean you have no energy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?page=20
  • Kjngrrl
    Kjngrrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    B-12?
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time finding the energy and willpower to do much. I work 2 jobs. One desk job and one very active cleaning job. I work 6 days a week so I can take my kids on 2 nice vacations this year. Before I booked the vacations I was to work part time for fun money and be a stay at home mom. I have 3 kids, 15 yr old girl and two 12 yr old boys. I have 3 dogs, 2 huskeys and a lab, a new kitten and a husband. Now I still can't find time to workout. Let alone diet. I just keep climbing and climbing up the scale but as of today I am going to make this all stop. I am going to look at my workout as part of my job. If that means that every time I workout I give myself $10 an hr. To do what every I want with it.

I am feeling for you. I am here for support.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    caffeine?

No seriously...
    Actually, I would stay away as much as possible. I get dependent real quick and then it's hell to "detox" from it... xD

OR your problem could be caffeine (I don't know your habits so...) . Try going without it for 2 weeks. After that you'll have so much more energy without requiring the kick.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    You have to actually want it.

I said I was going to stop drinking for years, then something really bad happened to me and I have yet to have a drink since.

I said I was going to stop smoking for years, then something really bad happened to me and I have not had a cigarette since.

No way am I going to try that with my health. I want to be healthy.

It takes energy to make energy. Forcing yourself to do it is what it takes, but you have to want it more than what you would want something really bad to happen to you.
  • Jeanne816
    Options
    I was there for a few months.... I just didn't have the energy to work out.... But then it hit me when the scale was not moving that if I could find the "time" to sit and the couch and watch TV I could find the time to work out. As I've started to work out daily I've found that my energy increased as well. I also try to remember the awesome way I feel after I am done to motivate me as well. Personally being a mom and a wife is demanding as well as working a full-time job. I've just started to look at my work out time as time just for me! I'd say pick a day (even start today) and do a short 20 minute work out and start to make that part of your routine. I promise you will find the energy which will lead to the will power once you do.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Getting started is usually the hardest part. Make a commitment to work out for 10 minutes first thing in the morning. Just 10. Pretty much anybody could do that.

What I find is that once I get started, I can go much longer than 10 minutes, and unless I'm coming down with an illness or getting over an illness, the more I exercise, the better I feel, and the more I can exercise. Really - that 10 minutes first thing in the morning creates a GREAT feedback loop.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Take it just a little bit at a time and build up. It's sometimes easier if you just start small - say, 10 minutes of walking. Then if you still feel good - go another 10 minutes. If not, wait a bit, then do 10 minutes more.

Same with food. If you crave something, get a drink of water and wait 10 minutes. Do something else to occupy your mind, then see how you feel.

Baby steps - you can do it!!
    :smile:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Exercise itself is energizing, it's the motivation to get up and get going that's tough to come by.

For me my motivation is looking good in my clothes...looking nice for my husband...or just the realization that once I get it done, I'll feel better and I'll have time to myself.

Working out first thing in the morning gives me energy all day long and then it frees up my afternoon after work too.
  • seanzbratt
    Options
    thank you for all the amazing responds im gnna go for it!!!!! i wake up at 6 A.M. to get my hunnee up and out the door for work instead of vegging and drinking coffee and watching my shows first im gnna just driink a big glas of water and rite away do my yoga first....this is my weekly goal starting tomorrow morning as soon as he is out the door....immediately beging my water yoga hour... wish me luck :flowerforyou: thanks to each and every one of you
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    May not work for you, but if you find a workout partner it can be very helpful. When I was first starting out sometimes I would not feel like going to the gym but would end up going because I told my buddy I would be there.