Going to brag a bit

Options
Johnnyswife
Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
About my husband!! He started this journey with me to support me in my weight loss goals, and to lose 10lbs for himself. His eating habbits have really changed for the better.

I was cleaning up from supper and he wanted to know how many calories he had eaten, so we looked it up, and than he confessed to me that he had screwed up and had "A" donut earlier. A coworker brought in a whole box of iced, sprinkled donuts and he had ONE. He just looked so bummed and ashamed that he'd had a donut.
I said, "How many did you say you had?"
He said, "One. It was covered in chocolate icing, and had sprinkles."
I said, "If you weren't on this journey to change your habbits, how many would the old you have eaten?"
He said, "Two...maybe three."
I said, "Well there you go. You didn't screw up. You have changed. Instead of eating 2 or three, you only had one. Was it enough?"
He said, "Yeah! It was!"
I swear, his face brightened up so much after that. I don't think it hit him how much he had changed in the course of the month! He's gone from drinking booze, and beer, to water and Crystal Light. When we have our cheat day, he can't eat the same amounts of junk food that he used to.
Now I am pouring through pics of him to compare his results to what he used to look like.
He's always been there for me when it comes to my health. Its my turn to support him. I am very proud of how well he's done! :heart: :love:

Replies

• jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    That is fantastic! What a wonderful, s:flowerforyou: upportive team you are for each other. Keep up the good work and thanks for being inspiring!
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    wow, thats amazing.

I have to cook two different foods at each meal time because my boyfriend refuses to eat anything remotely healthy =/
  • blueeyed_grl
    Options
    Extremely awesome Crystal!!! Way to go on you though for thinking of a way to make his 'slip up' a positive thing instead of a negative!

Way to go! Doesn't that inspire you to do better, knowing someone else is also taking this journey? My hubby told me today he was proud of me for starting this and being so head strong and dedicated. You could have floored me when he said that! Just makes me wanna do more.
  • medtrans79
    Options
    That's awesome! How great it was for you to point out that he really didn't screw up like he thought. Everyone needs to give in every now and then. Sounds like you're a wonderful support team for each other. Keep it up!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Susan, John told me that when he hugged me, I felt thinner to him! :love: I love having a partner to help me out. And I am so proud of him too! I'm glad your hubby is being supportive as well! :flowerforyou:
  • crazyassmomma
    Options
    thats awesome! good for both of you!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    That is truely a blessing to have such a wonderful who is so supportive and tryig so hard to do what's right.

God bless you and your family.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    wow, thats amazing.

I have to cook two different foods at each meal time because my boyfriend refuses to eat anything remotely healthy =/

that's too bad that your boyfriend won't eat healthily with you. But why do you have to cook for him? If it were me, I'd say, "this is what I've made you can have some or get yourself something else."
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    wow, thats amazing.

that's too bad that your boyfriend won't eat healthily with you. But why do you have to cook for him? If it were me, I'd say, "this is what I've made you can have some or get yourself something else."

Ditto!! (and Congrats on having someone to share the trip with :smile: )
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post. Way to go with the positive attitude about you're hubby's donut. I think we need to have a little treat like that once in a while as long as we stay in our calorie range. Otherwise we're sure to backslide big time. Sounds like you're both wonderful support for each other. Great job. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!