Nervous but here I go.....

Options
Today is my first day. I usually try things and give up. I join groups and do not share. I realize that I need to do things differently to succeed this time. My friend told me about myfitnessplan. She is excited and really likes this program so......I trust her and here I go! LOL

I am not good at these online postings but I am committed to doing better.

Thanks.

Replies

• cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • cksoto
    cksoto Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rose, I hope you find the support and knowledge that will help you in your journey. Remember losing weight and becoming healthy is not a sprint but a marathon, you will get there, baby steps and small goals. :heart:
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you - feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for support and motivation :)
  • deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome! Love your honesty. Sending FR...will do my best to encourage you so you don't want to give up. :smile:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've found this site really helpful. I hope you have a good experience, too! :)
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck. Add friends on here too. It really does help to keep you motivated when you see the success of others :)
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I'm active on here, post a lot and log EVERYTHING(even gum). I don't just talk about food and exercise and I will comment on your posts. So if that's more than you want you may not like me. I love the support I get from my friends and losing weight and getting healthy can be lonely daunting task but this is making it so much easier.
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think the social aspect of this site is what helps. Ive been off last week and I had friends asking me whats up and making me accountable. Add me as a friend!
  • boji4ever
    boji4ever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is a chore for me to share as well and keep involved, but it DOES make a difference for my, my willpower and mentally. Feel free to add me! Sarah
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    First day is always the toughest. Second day gets a little easier. Do your best and don't give up. Consistent commitment will get you where you want to be.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    good luck, welcome. anyone can add me if they want.
    log everythign ^& you will find what you need to do.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site saved my life. Good luck in your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I started a week ago today and it has made such a difference in making me accountable and stay motivated! Keep your chin up and take it one day at a time.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I love all of the people on this wonderful site! Feel free to send me a friend request and we can continue our journeys together!
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined 20 days ago and am loving this app/site.
  • tillierose55
    Options
    WOW! Thank you all so much. I did not expect this kind of a response. It is wonderful.
  • berkra
    berkra Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome, good luck and get yourself surrounded by friends that want you to succeed
    online and offline
    Good luck we will see the fitter you soon

B
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

It's a big step you've taken and I find that this regime is the best I've ever done. You name it, I've done it. The people here are so informative and supportive.

The good thing about using MFP, is you are responsible for yourself. If you have a bad day, so what. You didn't gain all of your weight overnight. If you have a special occassion, enjoy yourself. You can ALWAYS wake up the next day and have a fresh new start. None of this 'if you eat such and such, you'll gain 2lbs so stop yourself from having it' which is advise I had from one weight loss scheme that I tried.

On MFP, NOTHING is banned. It's up to you how you make up your calories, and in time you'll find yourself making much healthier choices. It'll be hard at first, but then what isn't that's worth doing.

What I feel is the most important advise to start -GET A DIGITAL SCALE AND WEIGH, WEIGH, WEIGH! You'll be amazed at the recommened portion sizes of food that you eat. It may not seem enough, and you may laugh at the unbelievability of the size, but you will get used to it and soon, a proper portion size may actually be too much (yes, it does happen).

You're in for a long journey, but you've got loads of support and friends along the 'weigh' :)

Kim xx

PS feel free to add me as a friend if you wish
  • bethanderson7
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! I browse through the success threads on the community boards every day to motivate myself...it really helps me stick with it.