Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anybody want to start 30DS with me next week?

I'm going to start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred Monday. I thought it'd be fun to have some motivational/accountability partners. I'm going to attempt to stick to this schedule as closely as possible (but you wouldn't have to do it):

2 days 30DS
1 day cardio (probably elliptical at the gym)
2 days 30DS
1 day rest
Repeat

I read somewhere that this was the schedule JM had intended for this program. It allows me to fit the elliptical and a rest day in so it sounds like a winner to me! lol

Any takers?

Replies

• mbgambill
    mbgambill Posts: 28 Member
    I will join you! I need some accountability!! I actually started day one today...OH MY GOSH!! I honestly thought I was going to throw up in my living room floor! I felt just like a contestant on BL! I could hear Jillian yelling my name!! It is a very tough 20 minutes but surely I can do 20 hard minutes a day for those kind of results!
  • I started 3 days ago and it was the most horrible workout i had done, it was so hard i thought i was ging to be sick! but three says into it and im already feeling a lot healthier and although the workout is intense level one is becoming easier! cannot wait to see the final results!
  • kel8412
    kel8412 Posts: 35
    I would like to join you :) Sounds like good motivation to me!
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    ive ordered a copy should get it early next week so ill start then with u all, lookin forward to it people have got some amazing results from it!
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    I'll go out and look for a copy this weekend, and if i dont' find it tomorrow I will order it so I can start when I get it. I am the type who needs to be held accountable so I will do it with you all!
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    I planned to start monday myself. I'm in
  • I already have the DVD at home for the 30 day shred and I have always wanted someone else to do it with me. I will most definitely like to join this challenge. :)
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    I just ordered the 30DS and it will be here Monday or Tuesday. I have trouble sticking with workout DVDs so I will need all the support and motivation I can get.

I'll probably start Wednesday morning.
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    I started yesterday and I love it. I did day 2 tonight and it;s honestly not that bad. Its a really quick enjoyable work out.
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    Mudshell1 you should make it into a group on here so we can all keep the conversation going. Maybe we should take measurements or something at the beginning so we can see the difference from day 1 to day 30.
  • Awesome!!! I can't wait to start!! I wanted to start today but wouldn't be able to do anything this weekend so I figured I'd better wait. I'm sure that being afraid of it didn't have anything to do with it one bit. lol

Great idea about the group! I will look into it up when I can sit down at the computer.

I can't wait!
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    count me in!! (friend me too!) what day are we going to start? all the talk about it making you want to throw up has me a bit scared!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    I did the 30 days sometime last year. I did the entire 30 days without a break in-between i.e. 10 days Level 1, 10 days Level 2 and the final 10 days Level 3 and I got good results.

I started again yesterday but won't be doing it straight through as my job has changed so can only workout for 4 or 5 days a week. My plan was to do all 3 levels but after Level 2, I was beat.

I did Level 1 & 2 yesterday and Level 1 & 2 this morning. It wasn't easy :smile:
  • kel8412
    kel8412 Posts: 35
    Completed Day One! That is one tough DVD! I can't wait to see the results that come from this challenge :D
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 238 Member
    One point/recommendation-When I did 30DS, I lost no pounds, however I lost 5 inches.
    First four days, I was so sore I couldn't sit down on the toilet...but on the fifth day, I felt invincible and mega-proud of myself.

It helped boost my self confidence and pushed me to continue onwards to start training for a 5k. Good luck ladies. :)
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    I started yesterday!!! Took measurements and pics... can't wait to follow thru with the entire 30 days and see results!!!
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    I had to orde rmine so it will be afew days until I get it. But I cant wait to start!
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    I did my first day today and loved it! I was already sore about an hour afterwards though, so I'm sure getting out of bed tomorrow will suck, let alone doing the workout again.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    ME!!!!!! For a while I was on level 3 and it was easy, but I've been slack lately and need to get back at it. I like your 2/1/2 schedule.
  • staciarose13
    staciarose13 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm in!!!!!!! But I might throw in some of her other DVDs some days. I've never done it before, it's been sitting in my basement for a very long time. I am so excited!