thanks
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    buuummmp:wink:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    They sound good!! I might have to remember these when ToM comes to visit! LOL
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmm bump!!!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! This is one of my new favorite foods. I have one everyday for breakfast. Slight modifications:

*I used 1 tsp of sugar, which I found was plenty. (I try to avoid artificial sweeteners)
    *I added a Tbsp of Chia gel (made with chia seeds and water...search these forums for more info on chia seeds). The chia gel gave it more substance and they are very moist! Plus I get the added benefits of the chia seeds.
    *Because they're so moist, I don't need any sort of topping. I pretend I'm eating a brownie, and almost convince myself it's true.

Easy, yummy, filling, and nutritious. :smile:
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    I tried this with Vanilla powder and put a little extra cocoa powder in, first time I have made this though so cannot compare to using chocolate protein powder. I found this very very dry, was thinking using the whole egg would make it moist but not sure if you could do this? I also used my homemade apple sauce which may not be as moist as other apple sauces.

You definitely needed a topping on it to help it go down.

BUT good for low calorie cupcake type treat. :-)

Mine aren't dry at all. In fact, I put mine on a paper towel this morning after microwaving, and the paper towel was a bit wet when I took it off. It may be the chia gel that makes the difference (see my post above).
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump :grin:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Mmmmm...
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    bump
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm ... how would it turn out with vanilla protein powder, I wonder?

I tried this with Vanilla powder and put a little extra cocoa powder in, first time I have made this though so cannot compare to using chocolate protein powder. I found this very very dry, was thinking using the whole egg would make it moist but not sure if you could do this? I also used my homemade apple sauce which may not be as moist as other apple sauces.

You definitely needed a topping on it to help it go down.

BUT good for low calorie cupcake type treat. :-)

I have found they are a little dry - I haven't figured out how to make them more moist. The reason why they probably taste sooo good to me is I am allergic to almost everything (think gluten, dairy, and corn). Most tasty treats have these three things in them, so when I come across to something with out it, I don't care what it tastes like! hahaha

Let me know if you come up with a solution for the dryness - it's usually the dairy (sour cream or butter) that makes cupcakes dense, but I can't have either of those ingredients!
  • xoxsandee
    xoxsandee Posts: 14
    Options
    I made them last night, they were good but a bit dry.
    I am gonna try to make them again, maybe with a bit more applesauce?? If that doesnt work then maybe I'll try adding some milk. I will let you know if that works!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    bumping

question: is whey protein a plant derived protein?
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    bumping

question: is whey protein a plant derived protein?

No, whey is milk.
  • sessy1011
    sessy1011 Posts: 30
    Options
    bumporama!
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    bumping for later...sounds yummy!!
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    I have everything except protein powder...I'll put it on my shopping list! Thanks!
  • goldhardt
    Options
    bump
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For everyone who has found these to be a bit dry, add about 1/2 tablespoon more applesauce. It makes a world of difference!