What's for lunch?!

My3Sons1051
My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
Hi all! I was just wondering what everyone was having for lunch?
I am having Brown Rice with Shrimp in a garlic butter sauce...
Simple, Yummy and EASY! Very filling and only approx. 400-450 calories!
(My diary said 436 calories for this meal!)

I put everything together in a bowl the night before...

Microwave for approx. 1-1/2 - 2 minutes (till hot and butter is melted)
*25 frozen small shrimp- deviened/no tails (approx)
*1 Tbsp butter (real butter, not margerine)
*1 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
*1 Tbsp minced Garlic
*garlic salt with parsley (to taste)

Add 1 container of ready rice and stir. I use Uncle Ben's ready rice cups- whole grain brown rice... just microwave for 60 seconds!

Enjoy!

Replies

• CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Leftover homemade thin crust pizza, baby carrots, and maybe an apple.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Spinach salad with turkey breast, avocado and grape tomatoes. No dressing.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    I had my first salad in a jar (egg, greens, tomato, cuke, vinaigrette) with a cup of Pacific organic soup.
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    I had my first salad in a jar (egg, greens, tomato, cuke, vinaigrette) with a cup of Pacific organic soup.

I have seen those on Pinterest... Been wanting to try that! How was it?
  • Mmm I have Chicken Pad Thai as leftovers, using Shirataki noodles....:tongue: there are so many shirataki recipes on the web and I bought a ton. With this recipe, it is only 133 cal per serving (the original recipe is about 148 cal per serving, but I minimized my chicken and veggies in the recipe). It is so good, the last time I made it, I brought it to work and my co-worker REALLY loved it.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    For lunch today i had a 3 egg omelette (2 whites, one yolk) with sautéed orange bell peppers and 75% fat free cheddar cheese by CABOT. I used a little bit of extra virgin olive oil to cook it in.
    Turned out good.... i was very satisfied and full.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member

I have seen those on Pinterest... Been wanting to try that! How was it?

It was good. I put together 5 different ones for the week. So check back on Friday.
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    i had a healthy choice spicy chicken asian meal it was about 300 calories it was pretty good i will buy it again.:smile:
  • omyfamily
    omyfamily Posts: 10 Member
    2 hard boiled eggs, a BIG bowl of spinach, and two tbl of Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing (my very favorite).
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Had 2 Turkey hot dogs with ketchup, on the bun. :) 400 cals
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Greek yogurt, raspberries, Stacy's simply naked pita chips
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I had a morning star garden burger with swiss cheese and a bit of bbq sauce on a wheat bun and a side of steamed broccoli. Followed by an hour of bloating. Too much veggie for one meal!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Had 2 Turkey hot dogs with ketchup, on the bun. :) 400 cals

I keep seeing your posts in the forum and all I'm going to say is distracting! :wink: :laugh:
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    2 tilapia filets with grilled carrots and half a baked potato
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Olive Garden, what's for dinner? A 300 calorie burrrrrrrrrn
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I had a sandwich wrap and 1 cup strawberries

The wrap contained: 1 Flatout brand wrap, 4 tbs roasted garlic hummus, 1/2 C flat leaf parsley, 1 C arugula, 1/4 C shredded carrot, 1/4 C each thinly sliced onion and green bell pepper.
  • julieravs
    julieravs Posts: 1 Member
    a cup of turkey chili, grilled cheese with one lo fat kraft single on oatmeal bread
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    shake with:
    1 banana
    1/4 c. raw oatmeal
    2 scoops of choc. protein powder
    1 1/2 c. of skim milk
    1 T of honey

ROCKS!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    I had a turkey burger (just the patty) with a side of broccoli and almonds. It was delicious!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I had Trader Joe's chicken caesar salad. It was 510 calories
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    The other half of my Rigatoni Pomodoro from Maggiano's Little Italy leftover from Saturday.
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Lentil soup with kale, plus a side of natural applesauce
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Pizza quesadilla - blue corn & flaxseed tortilla, 1/4 cup mozzarella, eight turkey pepperonis, two tablespoons pizza sauce for dipping, and a cup of strawberries on the side.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    I had a homemade breakfast burrito - egg, cheese, onion, bell pepper, a few slices of bacon, and a little bit of salsa on top.
    Yum :)
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    7 medium shrimp cooked in chili garlic sauce, lime juice, and chili oil over romaine lettuce, with ruby red grapefruit for dessert. 245 calories.

Normally I'd add more veggies to the salad, but I don't have anything else here and didn't feel like going to the store.
  • 1/4 cup quinoa
    my light chicken parmesan (4 oz chicken)
    5 bell pepper strips and 1/8 of an apple≥
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    1st lunch: ham & cheese on whole wheat, 17 pretzels twists, 9 grape tomatos, 2 pickles
    2nd lunch: ham & cheese on Rye

Same answer for Tue - Fri, but swapping out ham with turkey and roast beef occasionally.
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Homemade split pea soup with pork shoulder (yum) and a whole wheat bun with a little herb & garlic cream cheese and a bunch of baby spinach on it = 570 cals.
  • cottage cheese and pinto beans! yay!!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    shirataki noodles stir fried with a chopped boiled chicken breast, red and orange capsicum, broccoli, cabbage and some sweet thai chili sauce with a dash of soy sauce.