How often do you treat yourself?

Options
After a discussion with my dietician she says I should let myself have a treat (like a chocolate bar or something) once every three days or every 10th meal. I think this is quite acceptable, although I do have cravings for a little treat more often than this and sometimes I slip.

Just wondering what are your guys views on how often you treat yourself on the bad stuff? :P

Replies

• Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have some kind of a treat every day. Nothing big, but something. I like hersheys kisses, I can eat one or two of those and have my chocolate craving down for under 50 calories :) Sometimes I eat frozen yogurt or even a muffin. Just depends on the day. I don't see this as a diet though. This is a lifestyle change and my lifestyle includes some treats lol Moderation is key.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't 'treat' I just eat. Sometimes I eat salads, sometimes I'll have chocolate, it's all just food.

IIFYM.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off limits for me as long as it fits into my daily calorie goal. Allowing "treats" would imply that I am depriving myself of something that I love. All things in moderation.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off limits for me as long as it fits into my daily calorie goal. Allowing "treats" would imply that I am depriving myself of something that I love. All things in moderation.

I absolutely love how sane and logical most of the people on MFP are. +1,000,000
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just about every day. :blushing: Everything in moderation!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Eh, IIFYM blah blah blah... Sometimes I want to eat half a damn pizza. No way is that fitting my macros. So, I get a meal once a month that I don't care about. No counting calories, no worrying about fat, etc.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday eat what I want but it still has to fit in certain calorie guidelines that are bit higher that day.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    when I have free calories, I tend to give priority to meals etc. then anything that's left is free game for anything :D

More often then not it's on a gym day :3
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Same for me. I don't see it as being "on a diet", so I tend not to think of it in terms of "treats" or "bad stuff" or "slipping". It's just food; I try not to eat more of it than my body needs, and try to get plenty of the nutrients my body needs.

To be more specific: chocolate = every day. :wink:
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth, so I usually save room in my calorie allowance for something... even if it's just 10 plain M&Ms.
  • Destinationa
    Options
    Thanks for all your input guys!! You're all wonderful :D

Just to be clear, definately not dieting, more of a lifestyle change but the reason I say I am limiting myself is because of my sugar intake. Its always over! and this is mostly because of fruit also but should I be concerned if my sugar is always over or not worry?
  • helenx55
    helenx55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dog i don't treat myself with food. If there's something i want to eat i see if it fits into my allowance,i'm in it for the long haul; so i'm learning to eat properly and sensibly.
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to one Yummy Earth organic lollipop everyday. Only 23 calories, no artificial ingredients or HFCS (they are colored/flavored with organic fruit/veg extracts) and they are super yummo.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Treat myself? I have people for that...
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Eh, IIFYM blah blah blah... Sometimes I want to eat half a damn pizza. No way is that fitting my macros. So, I get a meal once a month that I don't care about. No counting calories, no worrying about fat, etc.

Some Days??!! I try to do this EVERY DAY!!! PIIIZZZAA!!
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I try not to as I'm always worried I'll start treating myself too much. if I had to eat a treat it'd would have to be something like dark chocolate an a once off . I just think it's much easier to cut treats out completely than allowing yourself a treat because before you know it you'll lose the cravings for the treats the longer you're not eating them. And if you start allowing yourself treats you might start increase treats and give yourself more.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Whenever the mood fits me. But I don't have any health reasons for weight loss so I am a little more loose. Also, I move a lot. :)

I also know that if I go down the path of the SAD, I won't feel great. But I like dark chocolate once or twice a week and I eat a normal portion of take out (Thai, pizza, whatever) once a week. I like one or two beers a week too.

God, I am a dieting person's nightmare!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Just about every day. :blushing: Everything in moderation!
    This
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I don't treat myself.. I just have eat in Moderation. I decided I'm not going to stop enjoying the things I loved when I was heavy. I've just learned how to limit myself :-)
  • laurieannelandry
    laurieannelandry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been known to go out for a walk b4 dinner just so that I can have a little bowl of ice cream after.
    As long as it's with-in my calorie limit I treat myself whenever I can.
    It's all just food if you're "treating" in moderation.