hairy dieter cook book

sarabi08
sarabi08 Posts: 6 Member
Has anyone tried the receipes...we have and they are fab, and massive bonus they exist in the food search on the myfitnesspal app. They have made sticking to healthy eating really easy....AND the kids love it too so I dont have to cook seperate stuff.

Replies

• DLS05
    DLS05 Posts: 42 Member
    The Spanish chicken bake is a beaut! I really enjoy them!
  • sarabi08
    We love that one too. The chicken and smoked ham tangle is also amazing, and it feels so naughty and its only 429 calories if you stick to the measurements. Kids love it too :-)
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    I've looked at the book but not purchased yet so your recommendation s have help!

Thanks
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    I've cooked EVERYTHING bar the lamb and prawn dishes lol! FABO! Super tasty and healthy too!
  • We have done the paprika chicken and Italian meatballs...my children loved the meatballs and husband said this cant be diet food :-)
  • meesh045
    meesh045 Posts: 26 Member
    I've just ordered it because I really wanted to be able to cook a variety of meals that kept within my calorie target. The foods looked scrumptious on the programme - can't wait for it to arrive :-)
  • Just saw The Hairy Dieter's last night for the first time and am eager to try out Sweet and Sour Chicken tonight, think I will definitely be buying the book .
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    The Sweet and sour chicken is AMAZING, my favourite recipe! And I don't even like sweet and sour normally! :happy:
  • shellybob79
    shellybob79 Posts: 47 Member
    me too i love the book the jalfrezi and the meatballs are my favs :)
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Yup. Amazing book. The lamb hotpot was delicious and yes the paprika chicken is easy and yummy. Keep meaning to try the lasagne as my pasta and cheese hating husband says he thinks he'd like it. Strongly recommended!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    The golden vegetable soup store easily (ie make double for two days worth of lunch or to freeze) there was one recipe but I can't remember the name of it- it was badly written IMHO.

All in all, the book is great- nice varied selection of foods.

Other BBC books worth a look are the Good Food series- they have a full work up on nutritional values rather then just the calories which I like :3
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    If making the lemon drizzle cupcakes, i recommend not using the baking powder, or you'll have very holey cakes!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Might have to add this to my collection. Love how sensible the programme was (although suspect some of the volunteers didn't too well due to portion size). Great that it can be logged on MFP to ensure portions are correct.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    If making the lemon drizzle cupcakes, i recommend not using the baking powder, or you'll have very holey cakes!

Lol. At least the holes don't have any caloires ;)
  • £7 in Adsa at the moment, great book, well thought out and recipes are all great.
  • sarabi08
    We're going to try the Thai chicken curry tonight, we are really looking forward to it. Oh and we tried the lasagne. It was genius, we really didnt miss the pasta at all :-)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Think i might have to buy me this book after reading all your comments. I did pick it up a while back then changed my mind!
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    I got it before Christmas as Little One loves watching Hairy Bikers. We've tried a couple of recipes and really enjoy them. Would recomend it. Even some one at work brought it and uses it all the time as he's diabetic.

The next recipe I'm trying is the beef pie.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Not available in the US? ;_;

Or just not on Amazon? Any Americans out there know?

The name of this cook book intrigues me, lol.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    let me know what the pie is like Vicki, I think I saw them make that on tv the other week x