HELP!! 1100 calories left today and need advice.

Options
Ok so it is almost dinner time and I have 1100 calories left to ingest before I log out (I try not to eat after 7pm). If it were up to me I would make a nice bowl of homemade macaroni and cheese just to get my calories but i'm sure thats not nutritionally helpful!

Any ideas on what I could eat to hit my calories? Ideas on meals that will be helpful to me nutritionally while getting in my calories?

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest opening your diary so people can be constructive.
  • she2cute
    she2cute Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd quit eating pop tarts so I'd have 1100 calories left for dinner. LOL!!!! Girl, if you're under your calories and fat intake for the day, go ahead and eat the mac-n-cheese.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Since I can't see your diary I dont know what you've eaten today or what your macro goals are.

That being said, my suggestion would be a big salad with 4-8 ounces of chicken (I prefer thighs), an ounce orr two of pecans or nuts instead of croutons, and REAL olive oil based vinaigrette not low fat or fat free dressing.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever will keep you full for the rest of the night.....enjoy!
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Since I can't see your diary I dont know what you've eaten today or what your macro goals are.

That being said, my suggestion would be a big salad with 4-8 ounces of chicken (I prefer thighs), an ounce orr two of pecans or nuts instead of croutons, and REAL olive oil based vinaigrette not low fat or fat free dressing.

Ditto that!
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    a fajita could help take up more calories... sautee onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc., some shrimp or chicken or steak, add a little sour cream or salsa. with a whole wheat or even regular tortilla. It won't be 1100 calories but it should add up to a decent amount. It's really hard to give suggestions, not sure what you've had yet today or what you have more of left, carbs, fats, protein?
  • HollywoodDJ
    Options
    Eat a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and call it a night!

Throw in some steamed veggies or go for a quick walk or jog in place and throw in some protein.

Jogging in place burns like 100 in 10 mins....simple, easy and FREE and burns the calories!

and ABOVE ALL DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP~

Be Kind and Gentle to yourself!
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    Sorry for the closed profile, I have since opened it up!! Thanks for all of the comments!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Plan your days ahead of time if this is a recurring issue.
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If mac and cheese fits your macros then go for it.
  • racechick2
    Options
    I would suggest the salad too....you can add so much of a variety to a salad...where you need it...that's what you add...whether the protein,veggies,fruit,grains....look around your kitchen and see what you can toss together....gl..:)
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Steak, whenever I eat steak the calories always shock me. Have a 12 ounce, porterhouse or New York. Add a salad with bleu cheese for the side. Enjoy every delicious mouthful.
  • Sproutlady135
    Options
    1/2 of an avacado will provide approx. 400 calories and loads of nutrients.
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    Is it necessary for me to really get up that high on calories? I am concerned because last week I was under on all of my calories and ended up with a weight gain for the weeks weight in.
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    I'd suggest opening your diary so people can be constructive.

Much appologies, I opened it up.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Is it necessary for me to really get up that high on calories? I am concerned because last week I was under on all of my calories and ended up with a weight gain for the weeks weight in.

I would say, assuming your exercise burn is accurate, it is more important rather than less to get in your calories on exercise days to provide energy for muscle repair and whatnot. As far as last week is concerned, two things to consider. 1) Where are you for TOM? 2) What does your sodium intake look like?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    eat after 7pm?
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I suggest pizza, cookies, cupcakes and peanut butter cup sundaes.
  • zacrocks
    Options
    Are you hungry? If I wasn't hungry then no matter how many calories I have left I wouldn't eat. 1,100 calories is quite the deficit though. Have you considered eating nuts? Doesn't take a whole lot of almonds to get 200 calories. I wouldn't eat just anything just because the calories are there.
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    11 Bud Lights should do it