HELP!! 1100 calories left today and need advice.

Options
13»

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary my main suggestion from now on is to eat breakfast. Or if your one of those people who can not eat when you get up wait and hour then have a snack.
  • tiggermama24
    tiggermama24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, it really is that important to get your calories at least up to your base line. this could be the reason you're "gaining" - you're throwing your body into starvation mode. Since your body thinks it's starving, it's actually slowing down your metabolism, rather than letting go of the excess. i know that sounds counter-intuitive, but bodies are designed to survive famines - and to a body, a diet feels like a famine.

the way to lose weight is to stay a little below, but not drastically below, one's daily caloric needs. Else, your body rebels and you get a weight gain, not a loss. Less than 1200 calories a day will definitely do that. One of the best things about MFP is that the daily goal is pretty much what you should aim for to lose weight - it's already done the calculating for you.

good luck. blessings.

tigs
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    If you are interested, this is a must read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Figure out your BMR and TDEE, and eat between those numbers.
  • tiggermama24
    tiggermama24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i should say, it doesn't look like i've lost much here on MFP, but i'm maintaining a loss of 160 lbs for 13 years. i joined to support a friend and get off some menopause weight.

eating breakfast REALLY helps even out your calories - it will also help with the sleep thing. Exercising on a daily basis helps with the sleep thing for me as well.

i really wish you the very best of luck.

~tigs
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, a salad, then some more peanut butter. Maybe an apple and some chicken too.
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1/2 of an avacado will provide approx. 400 calories and loads of nutrients.

That must be a gigantic avocado!

Aha, this made me worry I was super under estimating calories in avocado :p
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!! I will be eating something for breakfast from now on to balance out my calories as well as trying to really take into consideration my salt intake!

For tonight, I am breaking down and found a recipe for low sodium mac and cheese, and am going to alleviate my caloric deficiency with some good home made comfort food!

Thanks everyone!! I learned a lot and acquired a lot of great ideas.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Rum will do the trick
  • Goldie1800
    Options
    I was told Peanut Butter will be our best friend. I was having trouble hitting the calories too
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    1/2 of an avacado will provide approx. 400 calories and loads of nutrients.

That must be a gigantic avocado!

Congrats on your weight loss!! What an accomplishment!

Maybe you can provide some insight onto the calorie defecit.....do you recommend eating back your calories that have been spent through exercise?

If it's me you're asking. . . . I set my activity at "sedentary" and I do eat back most of my exercise calories. I use a HRM to try to record the most accurate calorie burns I can. (Right now, I'm on maintenance because I'm recovering from a muscle injury. I do have more yet to lose, so I'll be lowering my calorie count to about 1500-1600 a day PLUS exercise calories, once I am over my injury and able to be more active again.)

Edited to fix a typo.
  • speedw1875
    speedw1875 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4 Pints of Guinness + 1 String cheese + Done!
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Since you have eaten under 600 calories today and burned about the same you are currently sitting at no calories for your body to function. If I were you I would try eating more throughout the day and ALWAYS netting a minimum of 1200-1300 (I recommend more but if you aren't ready to even eat 1100 calories a day I won't push...)