youre thought and what u would do on this topic???

Options
my weigh in day was yesterday , i did weigh myself yesterday but today ive gone down and yeserday i didnt really see a diffrance from the week before would it still be okay to mark my weight from todays weigh in even tho its not my normal weigh in day ...??? ....do you weigh your self everyday n take it when you can get it with the lowest weight regardless to what day you actually weigh in????

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, same time, same place. I am not obsessed with each individual number but want to see a general downward trend. When I log here I always post the lowest weight I see. Remember your weight can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds in one day!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    thanks
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday, but i don't update my weight until it remains the same for 2/3 days. seeing the fluctuation in the numbers daily helps me to see what i did right or wrong the day before. a lot of ppl don't think daily weigh-in's are good because your weight usually does fluctuate by a lb or so regulary just due to your bodily functions. i think it depends on the person and their relationship with the scale. hope this helps!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, same place, same clothes and roughly the same time. I log it in MFP every day too and although there is some fluctuation it really helps me to see certain results based on certain behaviour. I think that if you're somebody who doesn't have any negativity about the scale - then there is no harm.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I think you're splitting hairs.

A long-term focus is beyond critical when you're relying on the scale as your primary metric of success. Which leads to the question - what other metrics are you using to gauge progress?

With my clients I've found that it helps to create a graphical representation of weight history, regardless of how frequently they weigh, and plot each weigh day. It helps clearly define the long-term trend, which, as well all know, is what's important. The day to day and even the week to week fluctuations are quite meaningless in the grand scheme.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself everyday--same time, same place, same way; however, I only record my weight on my official weigh-in day.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    If my weigh in day was say on a Tues. each week, then whatever my weight showed on Tues. would be the weight I mark down for that week. Just think of the weight drop you'll have for next week!:drinker:

Seems if you took your weight again today but typically take it a different day to record then you don't really record it weekly but daily as some do. Personally I rarely think of the scale, if it pops in my head to jump on then I do if not I don't. I lost the scale obsession long long ago. :flowerforyou:
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays to help keep me accountable over the weekend. I weighed in at 165.5 on Monday morning. I weighed in yesterday morning and the scale said 155.5 but I fluctuate depending on sugar, sodium, water, my workouts, etc. so I only log on Monday mornings. Hopefully I'll be 155.5 or lower on Monday, but if not I won't sweat it. Slow and steady, don't worry about how often you log, just find what works for you! :-)
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and only record on the days it drops, no one cares but me and it makes me feel good.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I do the same as HealthyChanges...I lost my obsession with the scale long ago. I do wiegh myself about once a week, sometime more, sometimes less...it's usually when I happen to think about it. If there is a significant drop, I don't record it here until the weight shown is the same for a couple of weigh-ins.
    One way I got over the obsession with the scale is, I took it out of the bathroom and put it in the basement, inside a room that I don't necessarily like going in. (One of those creepy spaces) Out of sight, out of mind you know. :smile:
  • jsturman
    jsturman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a month, if that. I don't even own a scale, and only weigh in when I visit my mother who lives out of town. That way I don't base my mood on weight loss, just on how I feel and how my clothes fit. The scale is just a number.....................it's always been more important how I feel than how much I weigh! :smile:
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do the same as HealthyChanges...I lost my obsession with the scale long ago. I do wiegh myself about once a week, sometime more, sometimes less...it's usually when I happen to think about it. If there is a significant drop, I don't record it here until the weight shown is the same for a couple of weigh-ins.
    One way I got over the obsession with the scale is, I took it out of the bathroom and put it in the basement, inside a room that I don't necessarily like going in. (One of those creepy spaces) Out of sight, out of mind you know. :smile:

I love this idea. :laugh: I put mine in a closet where we air clothes, I would then fight my way through wet washing to get to it, stand at a strange angle and lightly (or not so lightly) press my hand against the wall to 'steady' myself. This of course immediately lost 10lbs! I am trying to be less obsessed with the scales but having some at work in the room next door it is tricky.
    I think as others have said, once a week, same clothes, same time, same scales is the only reliable method, though it is difficult to beat the lure of the scales :grumble:
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    I don't weigh myself every day, I weigh myself once a week.

I find that if I stress about it every day and the numbers aren't always positive it becomes easier to 'fall of the wagon' so to speak.

Once a week is enough.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, same time, same place. I am not obsessed with each individual number but want to see a general downward trend. When I log here I always post the lowest weight I see. Remember your weight can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds in one day!

This is exactly how I do it. :)
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I weiegh everyday but only record once a week. I like to see the daiily fluctations. Lately my attitude has been changing about the scale though. Don't really harp on it like i use to. Oh well making healthy changes daily will eventually put my body where it needs to be.