Starting over

Options
I have been on here before, but i guess i wasnt really ready to do this. I feel like im in a good place and ready to get serious.:smile: im wondering when you should eat , when exersicing. Before or after? I usually do it after. Also what should i be eating? Any help would be very appreciated. Also looking for friends.

Replies

• hookemcheer87
    hookemcheer87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i too have this same question...but i read a lot about the topic and have come to different conclusions and opinions:

if working out first thing in the morning, eat a small snack to get your self going. i like to do a protein shake or yogurt... but nothing to high calorie, or heavy. just something to get you through the work out with out feeling faint or wanting to cut it short cause you are starving

if it is going to be an evening workout, i eat before i work out. studies have shown that you can burn calories up to 45 mins after you work out. so ill have my *medium-light* dinner and then go exercise. also, after i work out i shower and it helps me unwind to be able to sleep well.

i hope this may help you!
  • Lwin707
    Lwin707 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Ping different people will tell u different answers in regards to this topic, but for me i dont think its important when you work out as long as you get your daily workouts in. Also i dont believe in eating every 2 hours or so and because my schedule wont allow me, the important thing is that you get your macro nutrient needs in for the day this could be done by eating 3 or 6 meals depending on your preference!
  • pingalls
    pingalls Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks that helps. :)
  • Brallen1969
    Options
    You can add me