You look Fabulous!!! Congrats!!
  • cyndilynn13
    cyndilynn13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job - you look fantastico!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- a terrific achievement... you must feel so good!
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Again you guys are awesome for the support :). Love it!!! Glad I could be an inspiration, since so many of you do that for me!!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! You look fantastic!!!
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the good work!!
  • mimiwin
    mimiwin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) !!!
  • MetalMom67
    Options
    Amazing transformation! New to the Boards and thought I would ask what eating regimen are you doing currently. I have 25 lbs to lose after losing an initial 70 lbs about 2 years ago. Looking to get to 150 and curious as to how you do it outside of the exercise. Thanks!
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    Amazing transformation! New to the Boards and thought I would ask what eating regimen are you doing currently. I have 25 lbs to lose after losing an initial 70 lbs about 2 years ago. Looking to get to 150 and curious as to how you do it outside of the exercise. Thanks!

I really watch my serving sizes now. I never knew how small a portion really is, compared to what I thought. Portions at restaurants are ridiculous, but I never knew, so I never really knew what I was putting into my body. Now I do. I cook at home A LOT more and try to plan my meals so I am eating something healthy most of the time (but I won't deny myself a treat every now and then either ;). If I do go out to eat, almost all restaurants now have nutrition info so I plan my meal BEFORE I leave and I stick with it.

I am a teacher so I have to pack my lunch. I will usually take a banana, apple, fiber one bar, or special k bar for breakfast which I eat when I get to school. Lunch is usually a wrap made with whatever fresh stuff I have in the fridge (loooovee spinach and artichokes!!) or leftovers from dinner the night before. And a yogurt or more fruit for snacks. Dinner is usually something grilled or baked (no breading or anything like that just good old spices/herbs from the garden!). If I run a lot that day I'll drink some protein in skim milk, and if I have calories left (I usually don't eat back exercise calories unless I am hungry) a bowl of special k cereal or a light ice cream sandwich or rice chips (don't be fooled all are very yummy, doesn't taste like better for you food ;). I try to keep it between 1300 and 1500 unless of course I ran a lot and I am hungry because I need more fuel. There are days where I am way under because I get migraines and those coupled with the medicine I take kills my appetite. It happens.

Anyway, sorry so wordy and I hope this helps! Thanks :)
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Congrats!
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • QMHayden
    QMHayden Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow, U really shoulda put the first and last pics together to see because u look great! I am starting week 2 of c25k tomorrow, hope to c awesome results just like u! Congrats on the loss!
  • cesereda
    Options
    What is C25K, I never heard of it. If it is some expensive exercise video I will not be doing that. I am not going to pay some outrageous amount of money to exercise. Sometimes these posts sound like advertisements for these DVD sets and they leave me feeling doubtful instead of impressed. If you lost all this weight I congratulate you, that is amazing and you should shout it from the rooftops. What types of exercise programs did you do? I only started on here a week ago and I am losing weight but I could use all the help I can get.
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    What is C25K, I never heard of it. If it is some expensive exercise video I will not be doing that. I am not going to pay some outrageous amount of money to exercise. Sometimes these posts sound like advertisements for these DVD sets and they leave me feeling doubtful instead of impressed. If you lost all this weight I congratulate you, that is amazing and you should shout it from the rooftops. What types of exercise programs did you do? I only started on here a week ago and I am losing weight but I could use all the help I can get.

C25K is couch to 5 k. It is a running schedule for people who have never run before to get them started. It's free and there are several different apps on phones or schedules you can simply print off the internet. I got mine of pinterest. I also got my training program for my half marathon, for free, off the internet. I am not quite sure I came off sounding like an advertisement but I was just saying that it's an excellent schedule to follow if you have never run before and want to. If I hadn't followed it I wouldn't now be training for a half marathon. The wonder of the internet is you can find most things for free (even those expensive workouts people pay for, youtube is awesome). And I did lose 60 pounds, hard earned. Not a joke. But if you would like to run I suggest typing in couch to 5k in google and choosing a schedule that works for you. I wish you luck. Running, circuit training, and weight lifting pretty much make up my exercise routine.
  • llstewart13
    llstewart13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wooooo hooooo girl!!!!!!! that's amazing!!!!!!
  • cesereda
    Options

C25K is couch to 5 k. It is a running schedule for people who have never run before to get them started. It's free and there are several different apps on phones or schedules you can simply print off the internet. I got mine of pinterest. I also got my training program for my half marathon, for free, off the internet. I am not quite sure I came off sounding like an advertisement but I was just saying that it's an excellent schedule to follow if you have never run before and want to. If I hadn't followed it I wouldn't now be training for a half marathon. The wonder of the internet is you can find most things for free (even those expensive workouts people pay for, youtube is awesome). And I did lose 60 pounds, hard earned. Not a joke. But if you would like to run I suggest typing in couch to 5k in google and choosing a schedule that works for you. I wish you luck. Running, circuit training, and weight lifting pretty much make up my exercise routine.

Thanks, it sounds great. I am impressed with your weight lose. Like I said I only started using MFP a week ago and I started walking around the 5th. I have lost some weight and I am happy so far. I also use Youtube, I have found several workout video's and I am using them. Two are great calorie burning workouts and one is a yoga video for when my muscles ache but I still have to do something. I do walk everyday, sometimes I take a hike in our local State Park with great trails and other times I take a less impactive 2.5 mile walk around my neighborhood. I am starting to eat healthier and I am going to work harder at that this week. Good luck with your running, I do not care for running or I would be trying it now. I will keep your APP in mind, maybe someday I will, I would never rule it out for good. Thanks again.
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well done girl! I'm inspired. I currently weigh just about the same as you did and it's so uncomfortable shopping in shops that do smaller sizes & boutiques.

I was just wondering though, what was your diet and exercise plan like? How often did U exercise and what advice can you offer? Oh, and what dress size were U at 211 and what size are U now?

Again, well done x
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS! Excellent work, and thanks for the inspiration.
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love the black top.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    As someone else also asked earlier, can you give us an idea of the clothes size that you wore as you went down, 190/180/170/160/150? Also, now that you lost all this weight, areas like your belly, did the skin got tight, or it is just loose skin? You are really an inspiration. I think there are a lot of women 35-55 yrs old, around that height area, and slowly through the years have gained 30-50 lb and are now engaging in the same journey. I know I am asking for too much, but do you also have measurements , may be for every 20lb loss? It is just a motivating factor to aim towards!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!