Hello All...new girl on the block here :)

Options
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself....hi my name is Wendy :) I was introduced to MFP last year by a friend that has had great success using this app....I downloaded it on my phone and used it for about two or so weeks and then the holidays rolled around and I just fell off the wagon (and gained 10 more pounds). When the new year rolled around....I knew I had to change my lifestyle....not go on a diet....but start living healthier...eating healthier and get in shape. I bought a treadmill for myself, dug out my awesome Turbo Jam DVDs and dusted them off and set out on a mission on Jan. 7, 2013 to BRING SEXY BACK!! I have logged every day since, and did some type of exercise everyday except twice since then...even if it was only 20 min. I have lost 4 lbs so far....I know that isn't much but that is 4 lbs I hope I never have to see again in my lifetime!! I am tired of giving up and starting over.....I want to look back a year from now and know that I have given it my all and look in the mirror and see the result of hard work....not still see the same old girl that gave up too soon only to restart again in the new year (too many of those years have come and gone....sad but true). I didn't even know this part of MFP even existed until I stumbled upon it today....I had only been using the app on my phone!! WOW....I am so excited to see/read all of the story's of people achieving their goals....truly inspirational!! Please feel free to friend me I would love to add you as MFP friend for the extra motivation and support. Thanks for reading and letting me introduce myself to you all :)

Replies

• sweets7664
    Options
    I so enjoy seeing people that are excited about getting fit! Congrats on your 4 lb loss! :)
  • staygold75
    Options
    I'm a newbie around here, too! Just started about a week ago and have lost 3 pounds so far but have a loooong way to go! Congrats on your loss so far!! I will send you a request...It's nice to have friends on here to motivate and support you along the way :)
  • avongirl74
    avongirl74 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • avongirl74
    avongirl74 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YES!! love talking with others that are trying to achieve the same goal. Looking forward to helping each other along the way!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The friend who introduced me to this app just hit her goal, it's so inspiring!!! Good luck to you & welcome & enjoy!!
  • DoctorKatey
    Options
    Love it! Bring your sexy back!

I'm pretty new here too, no friends yet...but I'm still logging on, tracking everything and doing the best I can. You can do it too!
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 4 lb weight loss and welcome! I too started and stopped (and started and stopped and so on...) until last January I finally decided enough was enough! Unfortunately I missed a day here and there (on vacation, waited until after midnight, etc.) and ended up having to start over a couple of times. I can honestly say, however, except for being in Europe last summer and missing 3 consecutive days I have only missed 2 days since January of 2012! I am here to stay!

Sooooooo, feel free to add me as a friend! We can all use as much motivation and encouragement as possible! We can do this as long as we never give up! :happy:
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi there - newbie here as well... getting back on the wagon tomorrow morning! Good luck! :smile:
  • cmhusns
    cmhusns Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new as well but so far have lost a total of 12 lbs. Stay focused!