SUGAR Problems

Options
I've been doing great on my diet so far. I love the myfitnesspal app and the way that everything works. I haven't went over in many areas consistently, but it seems like every day (even days where I don't eat sugary things) I go wayyyy over on my sugar. This doesn't surprise me entirely. I eat more carbs than anything, but I never go over in carbs in general, only sugars. What could be the cause of this? What are some steps I can take to get less sugar?

Replies

• shlevon
    shlevon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Depends on the source of the sugar. Sugar can be found in abundance in crappy, refined products. In that case, the solution would be to limit consumption of such things. However, it's also the main caloric constituent of fruit. I tend to get a lot of sugar daily because my fruit intake is very high, but this is obviously not an issue (since fruit is very high in vitamins/minerals, and comparatively satiating vs. other carbohydrate sources).
  • RobynMcGregor
    Options
    I have the same problem, I have only managed to be under for sugar in the time I have been using MFP. I have cut back a lot on the fruit I eat and replace it with vegetables so hopefully that will help. I'm not sure that the theory, " it is from fruit therefore it is okay" works when you have hit the pre-diabetic diagnosis like I have so any ideas would be appreciated.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    If you have't seen Hungry for Change- WATCH IT!!! Its available on Netflix. It changed my life and the way I think about food! (Especially processed foods!) ANYONE looking for information on nutrition should watch this documentary!
  • angelams1019
    Options
    We're all addicted. The food companies make sure of it. Sugar is in EVERYTHING. The best thing to do is to cut it out completely and look to more natural food sources.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Anyone operating at a caloric deficit will not need to worry about sugar intake.

Sugar intake only becomes a problem at excessive caloric surpluses for prolonged periods.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Anyone operating at a caloric deficit will not need to worry about sugar intake.

Sugar intake only becomes a problem at excessive caloric surpluses for prolonged periods.

If you're simply looking to JUST lose pounds, this may be correct. If you're look to get healthy (the two do not always go hand in hand), this statement couldn't be further from the truth