Reasons to keep on going

Options
13»

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    1. I am healthier. I have more endurance to get through every day activities.
    2. Whether or not the scale moves, you can see that I'm healthier in the fact that my shape has changed. Sometimes losing inches is not the same as losing pounds.
    3. There is more color in my face than there used to be.

Seriously, when I go back and look at pictures from my unhealthy time, I look like I'm barely alive. My eyes are half open and my skin is very pale in those photos... and there aren't many photos from that time to begin with.

When I look at more recent pictures of myself, there is more color, more expression, and I just look more alive.

I can't always tell if I'm smaller, since I did a good job of hiding my weight under cute clothes, but I can always tell that I'm healthier because my eyes are open, my skin is blushing, and I actually sit up straight when I am excited about something.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Well no matter what I do I'm going to be 40 and I'm just going to get older or I'll be dead, so how do I want to get old? Keep moving foward I'm not perfect wont ever be perfect but I can try to do better.
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great reasons why and really should be the only reasons doing it for yourself.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Because I feel more energetic and "lighter"

Because I wanna rock some pretty dresses when I get to GW.

To prove to myself that I can do it and to my family too.

I want to turn 40 next year looking fab and fit

My skin looks younger and supple due to all the water I drink daily *yay*

My health has really been great, before I used to pick up every flu or cold bug lurking around

I can actually plan on doing more energetic things because....well because I can now.
  • brandyanne0204
    brandyanne0204 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    because giving up is not an option

You are right....giving up is not an option
  • PinkRhythm428
    PinkRhythm428 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have not lost any weight since I've started working out (don't pay attention to my profile. I used a bad scale and I can't figure out how to get it to where it says I haven't lost weight), but I can FEEL the difference in my body. My arms, shoulders, and back are more defined and lifting it much easier. Not to mention, my two-year-old loves it when I use her as a "weight," which I was never able to do before. My stomach is firm underneath, despite the pudge on top. The lower back fat I've been fitting since my first pregnancy is finally leaving. All of these are reasons I keep going. I've seen and felt what this can do. It drives me to do more. The strength is what is really addictive to me. I just want to feel strong, and I never did before exercising.

Also, muscle weighs more than fat. I've had some fat disappear so I know I have gained wonderful muscle since the scales haven't moved. It also helps I came into this expected to stay close to my current weight.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Reason I keep on going even when the scale does not move

1 I feel amazing and stronger each day.
    2 I dont want to go back to where I started.
    3 Doing something is better than doing nothing even if he scale does not show.
    4 I refuse to give up on myself.

What are some of the reasons you keep going even when the scale does not move or sometimes even goes up.

For me it's remembering all the times the scale did move and enjoying my new clothing size. Plus I got rid of all my "fat clothes" so I can't afford to gain the weight back. Plus I really enjoy the exercise and I love my gym.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have not lost any weight since I've started working out (don't pay attention to my profile. I used a bad scale and I can't figure out how to get it to where it says I haven't lost weight), but I can FEEL the difference in my body. My arms, shoulders, and back are more defined and lifting it much easier. Not to mention, my two-year-old loves it when I use her as a "weight," which I was never able to do before. My stomach is firm underneath, despite the pudge on top. The lower back fat I've been fitting since my first pregnancy is finally leaving. All of these are reasons I keep going. I've seen and felt what this can do. It drives me to do more. The strength is what is really addictive to me. I just want to feel strong, and I never did before exercising.

Also, muscle weighs more than fat. I've had some fat disappear so I know I have gained wonderful muscle since the scales haven't moved. It also helps I came into this expected to stay close to my current weight.

Ive seen many people post on here saying they have tossed the scale in the rubbish. So long as you can feel and see a difference then carry on with what you are doing.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Reason I keep on going even when the scale does not move

1 I feel amazing and stronger each day.
    2 I dont want to go back to where I started.
    3 Doing something is better than doing nothing even if he scale does not show.
    4 I refuse to give up on myself.

Love this!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Well no matter what I do I'm going to be 40 and I'm just going to get older or I'll be dead, so how do I want to get old? Keep moving foward I'm not perfect wont ever be perfect but I can try to do better.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I love this statement
  • Denisejonel
    Denisejonel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post. I needed to read it today. I'm so bummed today because I had a Hershey bar and now only have 336 cals to eat this evening. I have never been over. Not feeling to great right now, so thanks for the lift.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    All fantastic reasons. I think you look awesome, keep it up Lady!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Like you, i don't ever want to back to where i was
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    1. Becoming a good example for my daughter (eating healthy and getting exercise)
    2. To get to my weight goal
    3. I want to know what that feeling is like when I can fit into my old jeans again = ]
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    3 words = CUTE HIPPIE DRESSES!!!!!!

nah, but for reals, these have been some great reasons!
    I was just about to go on an emotional binge...I thank you all for helping me get my mind right!