Ack! Help!!!

Options
I sooo lost control of my diet today! My 10 yr old went in for a colonoscopy and endoscopy this morning ( tummy aches since September and bloodwork keeps showing chronic inflammation along with white blood count off )So we were at the Hospital from eight in the morning till four pm this afternoon. We won't know for sure till the biopsies come back but he had some major ulcers and also has Chrohn's disease :( We did good waiting in the hospital... I had a coffee, a little bag of pretzels and some low fat frozen yogurt.....but then we came home....and were starving..and then..that's when I inhaled a piece of pizza and three mozzarella sticks... and no energy to work it off!!!! Now what!!! chalk it up and call it a day? oh well!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I sooo lost control of my diet today! My 10 yr old went in for a colonoscopy and endoscopy this morning ( tummy aches since September and bloodwork keeps showing chronic inflammation along with white blood count off )So we were at the Hospital from eight in the morning till four pm this afternoon. We won't know for sure till the biopsies come back but he had some major ulcers and also has Chrohn's disease :( We did good waiting in the hospital... I had a coffee, a little bag of pretzels and some low fat frozen yogurt.....but then we came home....and were starving..and then..that's when I inhaled a piece of pizza and three mozzarella sticks... and no energy to work it off!!!! Now what!!! chalk it up and call it a day? oh well!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    How bad can 1 piece of pizza and some cheese sticks be?

Don't worry about it--you've got enough it sounds like, on your mind to stress out about that right now.

Hope your little boy gets well and the tests all come back good!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you did that bad and you are accountable...that is the important thing! And with everything you have going on, I would say you did remarkably well!!

Your poor boy! I hope he feels better the tests come out ok or at least give you some answers to relieve his pain.

Take care!!

-Tami
  • LML79
    Options

Don't worry about it--you've got enough it sounds like, on your mind to stress out about that right now.

Thank you, I needed to hear that! It has been a long week of Dr. appointments and I tried to stay on track the best I could ( Still lost one pound!!) And thank you for the kind words. I hope everything comes back alright too.. There are worse things out there than Chrohn's disease..that's for sure! Brandon
    ( my son) Is a trooper and did really well! He always amazes me! :heart:
  • LML79
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you did that bad and you are accountable...that is the important thing! And with everything you have going on, I would say you did remarkably well!!

Your poor boy! I hope he feels better the tests come out ok or at least give you some answers to relieve his pain.

Take care!!

-Tami

Thanks Tami ! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Try not to beat yourself up.....it sounds like it's been a tough week (tough day)
    I pigged out last weekend, for no good reason (at least not one I could figure out)

Take care of yourself..start fresh tomorrow
    Hope your son is doing well....ds (4 yrs) has had reflux and tummy issues since birth...it's been a challenging road

((HUGS))
    Kim
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You did great considering the stress you were under!! Tomorrow is a new day!

I hope your son is ok!:heart:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ((((((((hugs to you and brandon!))))))))))))))))))

I hate so much when our children go through things or/and get sick....poor little guy, you have a really great outlook and keep up the wonderful job being the wonderful and caring mom you are!

hugs again and keep us posted!
    Ali :heart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I think you did remarkably well. I would have eaten at least half the pizza. Don't stress over it. You have enough to stress over. Tomorrow's another day. Hope everything turns out okay for your son. :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i agree no need to stress if you completely deprive yourself then you can get a bad backlash to the situation(meaning u will inhale some seroius food) call it a cheat day...and get back on track tommorrow
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    With all that to deal with, consider it a mental break to eat whatever!

Having a child in pain is the hardest thing in the world, and you need extra emotional bolstering for that! Don't worry about one day a little out of the norm...

All the best to your boy - illness in children is unfair in my opinion! I hope they get things figured out, and it's (relatively) easily treatable. Crohn's disease in itself is difficult without being compounded by anything else!

I'll keep you guys in my prayers! :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

Thank you, I needed to hear that! It has been a long week of Dr. appointments and I tried to stay on track the best I could ( Still lost one pound!!) And thank you for the kind words. I hope everything comes back alright too.. There are worse things out there than Chrohn's disease..that's for sure! Brandon
    ( my son) Is a trooper and did really well! He always amazes me! :heart:

It's TOTALLY okay! Just dust yourself off and try try again =o)
    I hope your son will be okay. I'll add him to my prayers. =o)))
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I probably would have eaten a whole pizza. It sounds to me like you did great under the circumstances. Have a good day tomorrow and hope you son feels better soon. :smile: