nutritarin from the book "Eat to Live". Anyone else?

I just started a new way of eating on monday 1/14/12 and since have already lost 3 pounds. Last weekend I read this book called "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman and it was really an eye opene. I feel great and I am already seeing a difference in my body shape. I am doing this to not only lose the weight but to stay an good health. I could do this forever.

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    No, put i freely admit that I detest PETA and, by default, PCRM and the doctors like Fuhrman and McDougall they pay to push their agenda
  • Fuhrman, McDougall and Barnard are bigger quacks with lower ethics than that shill Oz.

Barnard is a psychiatrist writing diet books??????

The PCRM hides its entire agenda behind a curtain bearing the intentionally vague "Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine" name because it knows that in general, people are annoyed by hardcore vegans and tend to openly mock PETA.

Science starts out with a hypothesis. The PCRM starts out with a conclusion: "meat bad," and then they cherry-pick and obfuscate in every way possible to suit their pre-drawn conclusion, based on their fundamentalist belief in the infallibility of veganism. If you think there is anything objective about their work, you are gravely mistaken.
  • emmycaitlin0304
    emmycaitlin0304 Posts: 147 Member
    Wow, some haters. Oh well, I think you actually asked if anyone WAS doing this...and yes, I am. Just officially started today and I am very excited. Truth be told, I've known that this was the way to go for a long time, I just wasn't committed to do it. Great job on your loss already, I'm looking forward to the weight loss and good health!
  • I am trying to do the "eat to live" thing. I started 2 weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds, I am struggling tho because I'm sick of salads and I really dont enjoy many veggies. I am seriously trying tho. Tried Kale for the first time. the 3 bean chili is good!!!!
  • emmycaitlin0304
    I've been a vegetarian for about three years now, and I admit that I hated a lot of veggies before I started. Just keep trying new foods and you'll find some you like. I'm amazed at what I eat now that I would not have even considered trying before going meatless.
  • Ladynorth101
    Ladynorth101 Posts: 9 Member
    This is day 2 for me and so far so good :-)
  • emmycaitlin0304
    Well I'm on day 7 now and I'm down 3.6 pounds so I'm not complaining!!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Good for you! I feel so good eating this way! I could never eat another way again! I am aiming for 80% Vegan. Let the haters hate. They'll never convince me that there is any other way to go than ETL. Stick to the ETL Group! No haters there!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    I truly believe that people are slowly poisoning themselves with all the chemical we put in our bodies. I have never read the book, but am working towards a more natural way of eating. I cook many meat free meals in my household. Two of my daughters are vegetarian/ vegan. My daughter who is vegan has lost 70 lbs over the past 2 yrs. she hasn't dieted as such, just became more mindful of what she puts into her body. Of course you can still find junk that falls into vegan, so you do need to aim for the healthier more natural foods.

I feel so much better when I am eating healthy foods, but the junk is difficult to quit. Soooo much like breaking any other bad habit, but so worth it. Good luck
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    bump