how in the world are you supposed to eat all the exercise ca

Options
I eat low calorie, lots of fruit and veggies and find it almost impossible to eat all the calories when the exercise calories are added. I am completely stuffed and don't like feeling this full. my foods are spaced out pretty evenly through the day with breakfast around 730, lunch around 1100, snack between 2 and 3 and dinner around 530. I'm thinking that as long as I maintain the minimum, then I'm doing pretty well. Some days I'm even under the minimum when it's mostly fruit and veggies that I eat.

Replies

• jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think you are being sensible...I have seen some posters who are limiting themselves to 1200 cals (or less), working out 2-3 hours a day, and not eating back some of those calories and then wonder why they are not losing weight...it's called starvation mode...it sounds like you are using common sense, and unless you find you are not losing, I wouldn't sweat it too much...I don't always eat all my exercise calories either (but then some days, I really NEED those extra calories - hehe) but my weight loss has been fairly consistent...good luck to you!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Try adding in some dense foods like peanut butter. a heavier whole grain bread works well too (one thats maybe 150 cals per slice vs. 50) that way you're not under your calories but you don't feel like you're eating all day, either.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options
    Could I have your exercise calories, please? I swear, I could easily eat double my allotted calories, and if that wouldn't make me gain back all my weight and then some, I'd do it! I :heart: food! :tongue:
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    protein shakes with milk, berries, or peanut butter are a good option !!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    It is hard to do depending on your calorie intake limit. I also think everyone is different and you have to find what works for you. Some eat them all back and still continue to lose and some eat half of them back because they find they get better results from that.
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    Could I have your exercise calories, please? I swear, I could easily eat double my allotted calories, and if that wouldn't make me gain back all my weight and then some, I'd do it! I :heart: food! :tongue:

I think we're twins! :laugh: MFP has my limit at 1200 anyway, which is HARD for me......I am usually at least a little over everyday. On the days I exercise (I usually run), there's no way I don't eat my ex. calories! But, then again, I only run about 30 minutes at a time, or around 3-400 calories. I'm not nuts like some people out there that burn 1000 calories at a time (okay, okay, I admit....I'm jealous and wish I could burn that many a day! :noway: ) :laugh:
  • Dopechick
    Dopechick Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to eat all of my calories too. I'm eating high protein and drinking tons of water and getting so full. Some days I don't even make it to 1000 cal yet I work out for 60 mins each day. Maybe this is why I'm not losing ANY weight. :(
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options

I think we're twins! :laugh: MFP has my limit at 1200 anyway, which is HARD for me......I am usually at least a little over everyday. On the days I exercise (I usually run), there's no way I don't eat my ex. calories! But, then again, I only run about 30 minutes at a time, or around 3-400 calories. I'm not nuts like some people out there that burn 1000 calories at a time (okay, okay, I admit....I'm jealous and wish I could burn that many a day! :noway: ) :laugh:
    Hey sister, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was beginning to wonder... :happy:
  • melizabeth
    Options
    so aren't we supposed to have calorie defici at the end of the day, to lose weight. B/c if i burn 500 cal. and then eat 500 cal. over my 1300 cal limit, wouldn't that be pointless? i'm new so i'm not positive i know how everything works.
    thanks!

mary
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    Your calorie limit is already built in for a deficit (depending on what you regeistered, it can be anywhere from .5-2 lbs)

So basically, your base calories are what your body needs to sustain itself and lose the weight. Exercise calories are extra.
  • melizabeth
    Options
    so i can eat 500 extra calorie if i want to?! what?! is it christmas?!!
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    If you burn them through exercise... but it is different for different people. I don't always eat all of my exercise calories, but some days I go over (when I don't exercise) I try to just keep a weekly balance.
  • melizabeth
    Options
    thank you deeann!