Anyone ride Mtn. Bikes?

Options
I been riding the trails around Dallas for a few years. It is great exercise.

Replies

• jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the ones at Lake Grapevine? Those are some good trails too. River Legacy (Arlington) has some too but I don't think they are all that great. Where do you go in Dallas?
  • kansaspeach
    kansaspeach Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do, when it is above 40 degrees out. I always rode cheaper bikes that were uncomfy, but I bought myself a Trek 820 as a welcome-home gift to myself when I got home from an overseas deployment. We have several great bike trails around here, and my hubby (another Trek guy - he's worn out one and just bought a new one) and I ride for hours. It's great for the legs and lungs, and keeps me in great shape for my twice-yearly fitness test. :happy:
  • jimed43
    jimed43 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the ones at Lake Grapevine? Those are some good trails too. River Legacy (Arlington) has some too but I don't think they are all that great. Where do you go in Dallas?

I have been to Lake Grapevine, both trails. It has been atleast 5 years. I am now living in Wylie, so I go to Rowlett Creek and Rockwall alot.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!! DAILY,,,, when it is not minus 27 and 4 feet of snow tho!
  • IntentionaLiving
    Options
    have my first season of mountain biking in and i'm a total addict!!!! i have a Norco LT with 6 inches of travel on the front and rear. i live in boulder, co and the trails around here are all X-Games type, so much to ride! not to mention a sweeeeet bike park 4 minutes from home :) go get some!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    have my first season of mountain biking in and i'm a total addict!!!! i have a Norco LT with 6 inches of travel on the front and rear. i live in boulder, co and the trails around here are all X-Games type, so much to ride! not to mention a sweeeeet bike park 4 minutes from home :) go get some!

I'm totally jealous.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I use to ride - (back a few years when I was 'smarter about my healthy'... ) then I guess LIFE happend and I lost interest in everything - but thank goodness, I am coming back to my senses...eating right, wanting to walk more and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to start biking again - just hope I am not too old to start again!!! I am alway in need of help/suggestions for what kind of bike would be good for this ole lady!

Anyway - I got carried away - sorry - biking is a lot of fun, and I hope to get back into it again soon!

Pam
    :glasses:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do. Hoping to get out tomorrow if this ice/snow storm they're calling for tonight isn't too bad.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I just got my first mountain bike for Christmas. Going to start riding around White Rock Lake soon. I know it's not trails, but you gotta start some where.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I ride a Giant Roam2 hybrid. All groomed trail riding it the better weather. Already have the itch but I still have a couple of months to wait until I can get back out there.