Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone ride Mtn. Bikes?

I been riding the trails around Dallas for a few years. It is great exercise.

Replies

• jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Have you tried the ones at Lake Grapevine? Those are some good trails too. River Legacy (Arlington) has some too but I don't think they are all that great. Where do you go in Dallas?
  • kansaspeach
    kansaspeach Posts: 25 Member
    I do, when it is above 40 degrees out. I always rode cheaper bikes that were uncomfy, but I bought myself a Trek 820 as a welcome-home gift to myself when I got home from an overseas deployment. We have several great bike trails around here, and my hubby (another Trek guy - he's worn out one and just bought a new one) and I ride for hours. It's great for the legs and lungs, and keeps me in great shape for my twice-yearly fitness test. :happy:
  • jimed43
    jimed43 Posts: 18 Member
    Have you tried the ones at Lake Grapevine? Those are some good trails too. River Legacy (Arlington) has some too but I don't think they are all that great. Where do you go in Dallas?

I have been to Lake Grapevine, both trails. It has been atleast 5 years. I am now living in Wylie, so I go to Rowlett Creek and Rockwall alot.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    LOVE IT!!!!! DAILY,,,, when it is not minus 27 and 4 feet of snow tho!
  • have my first season of mountain biking in and i'm a total addict!!!! i have a Norco LT with 6 inches of travel on the front and rear. i live in boulder, co and the trails around here are all X-Games type, so much to ride! not to mention a sweeeeet bike park 4 minutes from home :) go get some!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    have my first season of mountain biking in and i'm a total addict!!!! i have a Norco LT with 6 inches of travel on the front and rear. i live in boulder, co and the trails around here are all X-Games type, so much to ride! not to mention a sweeeeet bike park 4 minutes from home :) go get some!

I'm totally jealous.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 343 Member
    I use to ride - (back a few years when I was 'smarter about my healthy'... ) then I guess LIFE happend and I lost interest in everything - but thank goodness, I am coming back to my senses...eating right, wanting to walk more and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to start biking again - just hope I am not too old to start again!!! I am alway in need of help/suggestions for what kind of bike would be good for this ole lady!

Anyway - I got carried away - sorry - biking is a lot of fun, and I hope to get back into it again soon!

Pam
    :glasses:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Yep, I do. Hoping to get out tomorrow if this ice/snow storm they're calling for tonight isn't too bad.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    I just got my first mountain bike for Christmas. Going to start riding around White Rock Lake soon. I know it's not trails, but you gotta start some where.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    I ride a Giant Roam2 hybrid. All groomed trail riding it the better weather. Already have the itch but I still have a couple of months to wait until I can get back out there.