30 day shred starts tomoro!

Options

Replies

• tibsons_girl
    tibsons_girl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i'll be on day 3 today :happy: I was stiff after day one for sure but i'm feeling ok now. Its all the positive stories about this workout that is keeping me motivated because i can't wait to see the difference it makes for me!
  • Lobster_Lover
    Lobster_Lover Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Staying in motion is what is important. As long as you are pushing yourself, you will see improvements. Make sure you pay attention to the modified options. I have had to modify some of the cardio because of a knee injury in college. I can't jump really high in the jump rope parts because right now the impact is too much.

But don't be discouraged. For every pound you lose, your knees will feel better and better. I know that I can't jump as high right now because my knees are building strength while I lose weight to help with the pressure. But in a few weeks, my knees will be ready for more impact.

I will post the link to this article below...
    "Researchers at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina found that for overweight or obese adults with osteoarthritis of the knee, losing a single pound could result in a 4 lb reduction in pressure placed on the knee joint."

So keep pushing yourself to do the best that you can right now and before you know it your knees will be feeling better and you will be able to push more. And as far as the rest days, listen to your body. My thighs were so tight that I was hobbling as I walked yesterday after 2 days of Shred. So I took yesterday off and my legs feel SO much better today. So on to day 3 today. BUT if you think one rest day will lead to 2..3...4, don't chance it right now. Better to suffer through it than to risk falling off the wagon.

http://bodyandhealth.canada.com/channel_section_details.asp?text_id=3712&channel_id=1055&relation_id=17810
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for your responses! I will definitely stick with it this time! any one add me as a friend for moral support!
  • RachMartin
    RachMartin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i am very overweigh so i place a pillow under my knees when i have to kneel on the 30ds & my knees have been fine ever since. Was going to start today too but was waiting for a delivery (that was suppose to be here yesterday) and has now been cancelled :angry:

Hi you can find the full level 1 for free on You Tube while you wait for your DVD :-)
  • If you're cramping try adding more potassium to your diet, just need a small boost. Try one banana a day for a week and see if they get any better or go away completely. Sounds stupid, but try it.
    [/quote]
    I do eat bananas but dont mind eat more, it has got a bit better but had to change to lighter weights for some it
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 6 days straight, today is my 7th. I got really achey the first few days but I pushed through. So far I've lost 4.5 pounds and two inches around my waist. No too shabby for a week, eh?
  • bcmehl
    bcmehl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD at home and have yet to try it. I may just have to do so.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am starting it today. Fortunatly in lvl one there isnt much that you have to do on your hands. I had surgery a year ago next month and occasionally still have issues with that hand.
  • Me1st
    Me1st Posts: 1
    Options
    Yeah definite knee pain in the beginning, but if you work through it by day 6 u probably wont feel it as much.
  • jainew94
    Options
    GOOD LUCK WITH JILLIAN!

I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred too!
    I am on Day 11 and have already started LEVEL 2 (on day 7!)
    I would reccomend anyone to try her DVD, it's intense but DON'T GIVE UP :happy:

feel free to add for support & motivation.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I got up and did L1 Day 2 today after having started this yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am just now starting to feel some tenderness in my abs and shoulders, but aside from that? No real issues. I was nervous because I have bad knees and screwed them both up taking two falls last winter, but they haven't so much made a peep.

How am I feeling? OMG, confident (like I can actually DO this stuff), a lot more energetic, and a lot more hungry. (Will work out for food, ha ha)...
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4. I've got two sets of weights -- 2 pounds, and 5 pounds. My hubby does the exercises with me with the 5 pounders. Has anyone tried it with 2 pounders and had good results? Or should I kick his *kitten* to the curb and steal his weights? :tongue:
  • lbmade2crave
    lbmade2crave Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started last night! Wow, I am out of shape. Jumping Jacks for 30 seconds! Good to see others out there going through the same thing. I am not giving up!
  • XkatnipX
    Options
    I'm starting day 1 today & I don't have hand weights but I have bands is that ok too?
  • stacey2525
    stacey2525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I got up and did L1 Day 2 today after having started this yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am just now starting to feel some tenderness in my abs and shoulders, but aside from that? No real issues. I was nervous because I have bad knees and screwed them both up taking two falls last winter, but they haven't so much made a peep.

How am I feeling? OMG, confident (like I can actually DO this stuff), a lot more energetic, and a lot more hungry. (Will work out for food, ha ha)...

I so agree with that statement can't wait to work out tonight so I can eat more ;)
  • ashlee2901
    Options
    im starting this in about half an hour! usually i only last about 2 days so i want to do the whole 30!! x
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I started it last night, too! Kicked my butt, but felt awesome. Way better than any workout I try to do on my own, for sure! Can't wait to see what happens over the next 30 days :)
  • AmberB519
    Options
    I'm starting day 1 today & I don't have hand weights but I have bands is that ok too?

I don't know that the bands will work. Try holding a full water bottle in each hand. That will give you some resistance. :)
  • AmberB519
    Options
    I'm on day 4. I've got two sets of weights -- 2 pounds, and 5 pounds. My hubby does the exercises with me with the 5 pounders. Has anyone tried it with 2 pounders and had good results? Or should I kick his *kitten* to the curb and steal his weights? :tongue:

LOL I'm using 4 lb weights, and I swear I was dying on the side lunges things and would have loved to use 2 lb'ers! I think any weight used will work just fine.
  • AmberB519
    Options
    I've been doing it for 6 days straight, today is my 7th. I got really achey the first few days but I pushed through. So far I've lost 4.5 pounds and two inches around my waist. No too shabby for a week, eh?

Awesome!